Thursday, January 6, 2011

Dear 2011,

Back off!

Love,
Me

As much as I had hoped to write a nice post about how I was going to work really hard to live a life full of gratitude and giving myself permission to truly be myself and love every minute of it, it doesn't seem to be heading in that direction. I wanted to talk about how much I wanted to revel in every minute of motherhood. Especially before there are more, because I have heard it's hard to keep sane at that point. I wanted to do at least a picture of the week. I wanted to create and play my uke and really commit myself to being a better me.

Let's sum up what has actually happened shall we?

Day one, our dog tried to jump a fence and ripped his claw out of his paw. We tried to wrap it up but he limped more with the bandage than he did without. We packed up our stuff.

Day two: We loaded up our dogs and our junk and our baby and headed to our new home. I was singing banjo music as we pulled away, feeling like the Clampets all the way. Just needed Grandma out there on the roof in a rocking chair. Later dueling banjos came on my awesome pandora station and that made me happy. I later would flush my dad's car keys down Grandma's toilet. Luckily avoiding destroying her septic system. They were fished out by J and my Brother in Law who will never, ever, let me live it down. I screamed. I almost cried. Fun times.

Day three: Mostly just unpacking and trying to find places to put things, oh, and laundry. Laundry makes any day a bad day.

Day Four: Doubled over in pain from who knows what crying.

Day five: The boy grabs and tries to eat a scorpion. Jason saves him, but scares him to death in the process. He had to shake his had rigorously to make him drop it. We squished it three times but those crazy things just wont' squish. Finally he stopped twitching. I think he said with his last breath that he was sending an army of his brothers to avenge his death. I am pretty sure that is how scorpions work. So now I am totally paranoid, especially with the baby. Alarm on phone goes off, oh yeah, I have an appointment to get my shot in Tucson. Yay! This is the second shot in a series of three. Apparently I have to be on birth control in order to get pregnant. Don't ask me these people don't talk to me or let me know what is going on ever.

Day six: Drive to Tucson, find out they don't have the shot. (This happened last time too.) Tell me I just have to come back next week. That will be $25 co pay please. They keep asking me if I brought the medicine. Last I checked, you need a prescription to get medicine. I didn't know I could just waltz into a pharmacy and pick it up OR ELSE I WOULD HAVE! So I get go back next week. I go out side stop myself from crying because, have I mentioned, I am on birth control and it makes me the crazy crying lady of doom? Well it does, I am sure to make tons of friends in my new digs *rolls eyes*. I go back in and ask if I need a prescription or something. So and so is going to look into it. That's nice. I am not feeling hopeful at this point. So and so has been supposed to look into it like a month ago you know. I guess I will just jump in my car and wait anxiously for the next adventure to Tucson. I hate driving to Tucson.
Holding back tears I get in my car and the car alarm starts going off. Well the little key clicker thing doesn't work so some guy comes and tells me to use the clicker. Yeah dude, it's never worked and I am pretty sure it doesn't work after the toilet incident. Thanks for the tip though. I can't get the alarm to go off so I figure I will drive away. It has to stop once you are rolling away in it, right? Wrong. So I am driving on the street and cars are slowing way down and looking all around. I pulled into another parking lot. I called J and burst into tears. He is telling me to go back to the Dr's office and tell them I am not leaving until I get a shot. I tell him I cannot deal with this right now. I call my dad, I try to pull the fuse, no go. I look under the hood. Dad is telling me to look for something that doesn't belong and pull the wire. That's like telling me to defuse a bomb. I don't think you want me in there just pulling wires higgelty piggelty. So I think I know what it is, but all I can really deduce is it's on the driver side and my ears no longer want to hear things. So I drive the car to this car place. Praying it won't start blaring, it doesn't, it just keeps beeping at me. Dude at car place sends me to another place that sells car alarms. He tells me to talk to Paul. I talk to Paul, he comes out and kills the alarm. Thanks Paul. I go to Target and walk around to wind down and get ready for the 2.5 hour drive home. I can't wait to do this again next week. *bashes head into steering wheel*
I get some food at Ghetto fabulous A&W. Some kid in the back is walking around muttering to himself and the lady taking my order is really hard to hear and annoyed at me for asking her to repeat herself. Look lady I have been standing in front of a blaringly loud car alarm for a while now, give me a break and stop mumbling and tell the weird kid to stop talking to himself. I eat my food and get home. J took me to get a blizzard.

So in an effort to live a more grateful life. I would like to give a shout out to Ryan and Paul for helping a gal in the throws of an emotional breakdown. Paul didn't even charge me for it. Thanks Paul! Thanks J for the blizzard. It was needed. And thank you Cindy for watching the boy. I don't even want to know how horrible life would've been with him crying AND the car alarm never ceasing. I may have just driven into a wall. I am grateful I didn't. :)

And 2011 this is for you! I think Helen may be on to something here.



I was going to write a post about how this picture was a wonderful example of how you could disagree with Christmas and still be festive, but now I just dedicate it to you 2011 and give you a warning. You better back off dude, I am on birth control and I just may snap, or cry, or cry AND snap, and you don't want that. *stern preschool teacher eyes*

10 comments:

Lolo said...

Can I give you a hug please?! I'm so sorry you are having a bad year so far, I feel bad...yet I feel good that I'm not the only one who has bad luck sometimes and I'm sorry I giggled a little at the thought of you driving with your alarm going off. You'll laugh at this later, at least thats what I've been told.
EEK @ the scorpion!!!!!!!!!!!!
I laid Mia down on the ground to change her diaper and then I noticed there was a scorpion right next to her on the ground. Nasty little devils! I hope things will turn around for you, you really deserve some good luck now. SERIOUSLY! GIVE KELL A BREAK!

Wendy Hansen said...

Oh my dear Kelly, this all makes me so sad. I am so very sorry for all of the bad luck. Trevor and I always say, "if it weren't for bad luck, we'd have no luck at all" so we must definitely be related. I love to eat at Eegee's in Tucson, so if you want a car buddy sometime, just let me know. We are actually going next Friday to the Biosphere in Tucson for Connor's field trip. Keep your chin up Kell, it can only get better.

Katie said...

So sorry it's been a rough start. I sure hope that you had a much better week this week. Big hugs to you!!

Anonymous said...

i love your layout, it's so fresh. i bet 2011 will turn it, the power of positive thinking! okay, really i just finished watching a string of pre-sundance films and now i am feeling overly cheery. but it was refreshing to read your blog, real troubles always make for a better read - especially with a funny twist.

cheers
www.theleatherweather.com

Staceygirl said...

Hey, there is always Chinese new year on February 3 :) I can totally feel your pain... I have those days, too. Sometimes I have to tell my kids that they have reached their "Mommy" quota for the day. As I have been typing this, I am pretty sure the word "Mommy" has been said at least 10 times. *Thinks in her head* "Can't you see I'm busy right this moment? I can hear you, but I'm not ready to respond yet!" Sorry, but I hate it how they think they need to say "Mommy" first, then get me to say "What?" before they can tell me something. I can seriously be looking right at them, but they insist on me saying "What?" before they will say anything else. I am right here, and I'm not deaf! This is how they reach their limit early on.

Staceygirl said...

I have no idea what that had to do with anything except that it gets me all frazzles sometimes, like you were.

Kevin and Kimberly said...

I loved the Clampet's reference! Classic. Scorpions--ouch!, but hooray to Superhero Dad! Moving and getting settled bites big time. Doctors, seriously we pay you when we do most of the research and work? Their medically educated is still better than mine, though. A big shout out to Paul, the alarm killer, and next time you go to A&W in Benson,bring me a home a rootbeer float please. I will totally pay you for your trouble. Hope the next month starts out better--bad week or month maybe, but we hope it is a wonderful year for you! Loved the Grinch Bah Humbug random (ironic twist) window picture.

Kevin and Kimberly said...

their medically educated guess that is. It's 6 a.m. not quite awake yet, I guess.

Kelly said...

I don't know why but I am not getting the notifications that I am getting comments. Sorry guys. Alex, nice to meet you and thank you for the comment. I am doing much better, my dr is still lame but all is well. Thank for the hugs and love.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm sad that you've had a rough beginning to the year, but I LOVE the way you tell you story. The 'bah humbug' picture at the end is very fitting.