Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Can I be more me, than I am?

I am coming to the sad realization that as much as I may think that I want to be free to be me, maybe jeans and easy peasy lame shirts are me. I do heart stripes, so I am adding more of those, but maybe I am just not cut out to be the cute skirt and tights wearing person I fancy myself to be. The vintage hats are awesome but will I wear them? And should I? I think if my feet didn't hate me, I might be a whole lotta more cuter, because shoes make a difference, but pain makes more of a difference. At what point do you give in and say, "this is me."? I wear jeans everyday, I sit in a basement with a small child for most of that day and subsequently get nilla wafer goo and all manner of "stuffs" smeared on me. I have puppy dog slippers and I am not afraid to wear them! Do I give in, or do I fight to be a me that is a lot of work to be? These are the questions I come bearing today. January is not even over and I am rethinking this aspect of my betterment. I have decided, I need to have more adventures. I need to get out of the basement. Maybe I will be brave and wear my skirt and my floral tights. Maybe...goo'ed tights don't sound like much fun. Goo stops me from doing lots.

I realized today we have moved 5 times in 6 years. I think that seems excessive and should be stopped. Moving is the worst ever, I know I have mentioned this, but it seems worth repeating. Don't move, it's no fun. This public service announcement brought to you by a girl lurking in a basement.

I miss decorating, and my stuff. Oh man, looking at that makes me want to cry of cuteness. My house looks like an antler farm exploded and killed all the cuteness now. Sad day! We are going to get our stuff in Feb. I am excited. Not that I have anyplace for it, but it will be close and I can use bits and pieces, I think it will be therapeutic for me to decorate with my stuff again.


All manner of goo's come from this little monster I love so much. Just to be clear, I will be covered in goo everyday. He's worth it. I wouldn't trade the goo for anything.


This is me being me. Dog slippers and skull pants. All found on clearance. Clearance is me.

Now, what I know I am, is a mini van driving mom. Yes, I have one baby and we upgraded to a mini van because we are awesome. Really it's because we are doing in vitro and what if I have triplets. That would be scary, but at least I would have a van. So maybe by getting a van we will only have one or two and not three because we are so prepared.

I get to drive back to Tucson on Friday to get a shot I am three weeks late getting, that I do, in fact, posses! *throws confetti* Now I can ride in style, with cruise control! Woot! I really hope this in-vitro round goes better than the first. I think it is our last. It's just kind of been a frustrating little road travel, not that adoption was any kind of piece of cake. I don't know, myabe it won't be the last time, but for now I think we agree it is. All this to say, I really hope this works.

Here she is, I think her name shall be Cleo, because she is pale gold, which is like unto beige, which is like not cool and kinda lame, but I like it, merely for the fact that it doesn't look near as dirty as it is, and laziness is king around here. Why clean what doesn't look dirty? What does this have to do with being named Cleo, you may ask? The goldfish on Pinocchio is named Cleo. Duh.



She is pretty and leather and seat warmers are the bomb-diggity!




The little man is riding is style now! I can't believe all the space. I think I will sit in the back and watch movies with the boy. It's pretty nice to have space!

I leave you with these shots of my little boy in his awesome shirt of nerdom! Seriously, cutest shirt evah!





Teeth are the devil. Watching my little boy go through teething is making me think I should take better care of mine. It's got to be done.

Oh and as an aside, anybody out there have any tips on changing the mail email addy on blogger? I want to delete my old email but I only get my notifications there.

6 comments:

Kevin and Kimberly said...

Kelly, you are so fun and amazing! Love the new wheels. I love that it will hopefully not make lots of alarm noises while you are driving. :) How cute is Sam's nerdy shirt? Maybe he could be Brainy Smurf for Halloween this year. That would be awesome! Sam is so un-nerdlike. He is so precious, and I am glad you are covered in goo! I hope you get the triplets and don't have time to change out of your skull pajamas and dog slippers, which are so cute! That is my wish this year for you. I love a good clearance as well! Hooray for you getting your own shot, and if you need a babysitter while you are in Tucson, I am available.

Staceygirl said...

I like to point out to Russ that most of the women at church have those jeans with the giant stitches and high-heel black boots, but not me... so, either I'm unique (in a really boring sort of way) or I just don't fit in. Oh well. Russ is reading a book you might like - "The Powerful Self" - I haven't even read it, but it is helping me vicariously! He is much better to live with, and it helps me give myself permission to make mistakes. Also, I'm not scared at night when Russ isn't here, nor am I secretly afraid of what his ex will do next - because that would be my weak self, and what Russ has told me about the book has helped put me in power mode. Check it out... Russ raves about it. Also, I like your leather seats, and I'm happy you love your van. They are a very economical choice, but I just can't bring myself to own one. We have a boat, so that gives me an excuse. Sorry you miss your house - it's nice to have a place that's your own. I hated renting just because it wasn't really mine, so I kinda understand. Plus, your style is so not boring that it would be hard to live without, I'm sure. Hope the in vitro goes well... I'll be praying for you.

Jill Ison said...

something else you are... kebellebee :) you can wear tight to get the mail who cares! i think maybe yous should not put so much pressure to be the you you want to be but just let it happen on the daysit works out for. and yes you should wear those pretty little vintage hats. they're adorable. im crossingmy fingers for triplets! you got a van you gots to fill up! good luck on your shot. love you kebellebee!

Marily said...

Enjoyed reading your blog. And I think it's okay to do both--some days skull pants and some days skirts and tights. Whatever you're feelin'. Though, I do leave the skirts for errand days (meaning, not so much housework days), and my tights aren't sassy like yours, but you know....

And, email notifications: go to your dashboard. Click "settings," then on the top click "comments," scroll down til you see "comment notification email" and change your email address there. Hope this helps.

I said a little prayer for your in vitro-- hope everything goes well!!!!!

Kelly said...

Thanks everybody. I love you all lots. Thanks for the prayers too, we need them. :)

An Art Nest said...

I think you can change your e-mail that everyone sees but I'm not sure you can change your sign-in e-mail...if you figured it out, please share (I've been trying to figure this out for over a year)!

Hope you find a home for your pups and I like your writing style - very tangible and down to earth with an overall tone of happy :)