Tuesday, January 25, 2011

On this the 25th day of January...

I have come up with some goals or resolutions. I had to stew over this a bit. 

1. I am going to read my scriptures and say my prayers. It needs to be done and there is really no good reason it is not getting done except that I am exceptional at frittering my day away. No computer until it's taken care of. That's that! 

2. I am going to take better care of my face. I rub my eyes, I pick at my face and I sleep with my make up on. No more! At least I am going to try not to do that anymore. I will wash my face at night, I WILL moisturize!

3. Drink more water. Not hard, just need to do it. 

4. Actively seek the joy. It's always there, I need to see it more and that also has something to do with the frittering. So maybe it should be stop frittering, but I like a good fritter. (Yummm...fritter) This includes being more bold and less of a perfectionist when it comes to my crafting and creating!

5. Find at least one way to be of service to someone everyday. PS. I found the lady who wore socks to keep her hands warm and should have her hand warmers to her by tomorrow! Yayayayay!

6. Stop over thinking and be me. Not the me I allow myself to be, but the me that I can and should be. The best me possible. This includes not allowing myself to be a slave to perfectionism. Embrace all that I am. This includes making phone calls and being present and fully participating in life. I hate the phone.

I was playing around with the idea of doing a picture a day project again, but then I realized it would just be

 This: 

and some of this:


And a whole heck of a lot of this:

With a dash of this:
Sooooo, you see my adorable dilemma. That and I am going to be honest, Thatcher in winter is not inspiring me to be running about with the camera. We will see what Spring has up her sleeve. Maybe it will require me to get creative, either way it will be an adventure.
I think in the aftermath of the infertility and all that was going on during that time, the moving and the adoption, and the actual raising of a child I just got a little sidetracked. It's time to get back on track. I am excited to do that and take you guys along with me. 
Wish me luck.







 



6 comments:

Lolo said...

Go kelly go!!!! woohoo!!!
I can't sleep unless Ive washed my face and moisturized (and brushed teeth and flossed and mouthwashed.... Im a little ocd), I cant remember the last time Ive slept with makeup on...maybe during a mid day nap. I like how you are on a quest to be yourself. Very good. You can do all those things and bless your little heart giving that lady hand warmers, she's a lucky lady to have bumped into such a nice gal.

Anonymous said...

Ahh, beautiful one. How lovely are your goals. We would all do better to make the same resolutions. I love the pictures of your cute cute baby! Hope things are going splendidly! Peace and love always!!

Kevin and Kimberly said...

I love that you found the lady and are going to give her the hand warmers. I am sure she will be grateful. What a sweet gift! You are so thoughtful! Absolutely just be you because that is who we all love and adore! I wouldn't mind if you did a picture project every day with Sam--could never see too many pictures of him. Have Jason take you up to the Grahams. Those mountains are gorgeous and will inspire lots of pictures as will the temple. We went there a lot when we lived there. The sunrises that way are beautiful as the light hits the mountains, the sunsets as well. Train pics might be fun! Love all your goals and good luck with them.

Jill Ison said...

you're taking on alot at once. maybe you should have a new months resolution. ease into it haha! j/k it will be hard but you my dear can do it. wash and moisturize! i cant believe you havent been doing that all this time!

Kelly said...

Well the ones about being a better me are never going to be accomplished, I think writing down will just help me remember to try.

Wendy Hansen said...

Definitely all good goals, I need to work on many of those things too. It is hard to find balance in all things. I know you can do it! I love how you are always trying to improve yourself, you are inspiring to me. And those are some dang cute pictures of Sammy boy. He makes me giggle.