Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Can you stand more of me?

I have decided that the lovely Jill is right. I over think too much. I have all the tools I need to be as awesome as I am in my head so why not just go with it right? So that's the plan. I think the real need here is just to be more connected to my camera.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today my muppet dog escaped. I see other dogs who look to be the same caliber as my dog and yet tiny little fences keep them in.  I fear my dog, like his mother, has a strong sense of independence and is constantly pushing himself to be free.  Stupid dog. On the plus side, his year long stint at my parents has left us with a different dog.  He looked like a refugee after dealing with their giant Bernese Mountain dog. He came when I called and that, my friends, is a victory.

The other awesome thing my dogs have been up to is digging up poisonous toads and barking at them and biting at them. Fun! Any ideas on how to evict said poisonous toads from ones yard? Yesterday my attack Russell tried to kill a cat that was not ours. The cat sat in the basement window for a good 45 minuets after the episode looking terrified, so that cat may have found a new home. Sorry cat, but not that sorry.

They have been busy and making me think that maybe we cannot have dogs until we are settled. Which I thought we were, but has not been the case. It makes me sad though because they are my babies. When you can't have babies, dogs seem to be the natural choice. So getting rid of them is really a sad thought, but chasing them through town is a sad thought too. Why must they be so sure the grass is greener on the other side?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I escaped the basement. It's supposed to get cold again, so I decided to fully embrace the warmth of today. We walked to the post office, and then the boy and I went to a little antique shop around the corner. We met a cute older couple out walking. The man told me he was taking his wife out because she had hip surgery and needed to get out, he wanted her to get better. She was wearing socks on her hands because they were cold. I wish I knew who they were, I want to leave hand warmers on her porch for her. She commented about how cute my shoes were as we walked away. Maybe I can find her. Grandma might know them.I am totally planning hand warmers, I bet she'd use them, they have to be better than socks.

The antique store was really cute. One of the better ones I have been in. I really enjoyed it and the lady who owns it is so nice. I will probably go visit again, and if you come to visit me you will have to come and see. So totally come and visit me you guys, OK? Check ahead of time though because we are a family in constant motion. I think I am getting motion sickness. I AM sick of moving.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The boo bear is still growing teeth and that is making him sleep longer (yay!).  He is really grumpy though too. (Booo!) Either way he is totally adorable.





I totally missed a picture of the toad, it was too gross and I wasn't expecting them to have dug up something that fat and moving. Sorry friends, maybe I can catch the next toad. Sam I am is way cuter than a toad and when he moves he doesn't freak me out, or have warts.

I did pick a few things up at the shoppe today.

Bye bye black bird net hat thingy. It's hard to get a picture of on my hair, maybe it needs to belong to someone blond or red.



Oh that I had found this before Christmas! I think I could've rocked it then. I love this one though. I knew it was mine as soon as I saw it. (See more stripes!)

Hooray adventure!

1 comment:

Lolo said...

Those hats are the bomb!!! Totally photoshootable!!!!! Love them. Just sayin.