Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The boy

78/365
I'm calling this one in.  On my phone. Literally.
  On this, the 78 th day of the year, the very day before spring has sprung, I lost it.  I lost it, and was reduced to a seething pile of blubbering goo, because of one small 3 going on 4 year old boy. This boy, who only yesterday took my mother's shears and cut a hole in her hand crafted afghan,  who knows not the meaning of the word "no", and "stay out of this, do not touch". This boy took the one irreplaceable VHS. The one with family home videos, crawled under the new coffee table, and proceeded to pull it to pieces.  Could he have grabbed sort circuit?  Sure, but what's the fun in that? 
After a day of whining and tears over nothing I knew he was tired, but did this boy take a nap?  No, not until after the destruction and tears we both shed on this fateful day.  At 5 on he finally crashed and I could breathe.  It's been a really long horrible day.  my husbandis still sitting outside his room trying to get him to sleep. As for me,  I'm going to drink my sleepy time tea and hope for better tomorrow. Maybe I'll watch short circuit. 

2 comments:

Staceygirl said...

I'm sure every mother who ever lived has had days like this.

Kelly said...

I am glad I am not alone. It was rough.