Sometimes you put so much work and effort in. You worry about it, you fuss over it, you ruin it several times, you hate it, you want it to go away and never come to pass, then it starts to work because you stop being stupid, then it's awesome, and then it's time to let it fly. By then, of course you don't really want to, because now you have a history together. You remember all your effort, how you helped it become the project it was meant to be.
Project wedding present: Complete as of an hour before the reception, and only because my dad is awesome and helped me make it work. I bought a clock piece that was too short, wha wha. He sat and chiseled the back down for me. Dad is so nice. I like him.
pictures were a little hard to get, blame it on the last minute. That darn minute messes so much up.
It's not perfect. There are things I would change. The clock hands are hugemongous, but I kind of like it. All in all, I think it was a worthwhile endeavor, I hope she likes it.
I kinda wanted to keep it, and I almost did.
That's a wrap!





4 comments:
The huge hands are great. I wish I could see this piece in person. Good job checking something off your list!
Hey that is so cute!!!!!!!! What is it made out of exactly? Is it a canvas? Sorry if this is a stupid question.
It's not stupid. I thought about using canvas but it was quite expensive, and I didn't know how the clock piece would stay on or if it would be heavy and kind of pull forward. I went to the hardware store and found a scrap piece of plywood I think the one I found was 24x21 and he charged us $3. Much cheaper. :)
i think the humongus clock hands add a unique flair to it. wouldnt be the same with out them.
Post a Comment