And I wanted this dress with everything that was in my 6 year old soul.
It was dark down there and there was a room with food storage in it and it would flood sometimes. It had a big corner cabinet in the kitchen, with a huge double lazy Susan in it, and I always wondered why other houses didn't have that. I remember that is where the Triscuits were. Is that how you spell Triscuits? Spell check doesn't know either. I remember it had built in laundry hampers. Little doors in the bathroom and Grandma's room that would go into a middle cabinet in the hall for the dirty clothes. Why didn't more houses have that? I also remember once, Grandma locked herself out of her room and I was hoisted through that little hamper cabinet into her room to unlock it. And I remember the big window with the green flood light that would shine out onto all of that grass. I also remember eating the dogs food and a big mean gray cat. There were also chickens, and hutches for Rabbits but no rabbits. Anyway, the grass.
There is not much in the way of grass here, and in all honesty, I think it would take irrigation for me to have my dream. I just don't know how successful we would be at grass. There is a lot of dirt here.
And a pretty mountain.
There are also...These lovely stickers of death. Aren't they fun. Can you see it? The boy tried to eat one last night. I am not exactly sure how he managed to keep it in his mouth so long, and he bites when you try to remove things that are not meant for baby consumption. I am glad his dad got it, I thought it was a piece of food I had given him earlier. That would've torn up his insides. :(
It seems the only things that grow well here are stickery or poisonous. Bummer deal friends, bummer deal.
But we are growing some herbs. I planted some Oregano, some basil, some rosemary and some chives. We also put in some zucchini because, who can't grow zucchini?
The boy was not a happy camper on planting day.
and I did my hair and got all dressed up for the occasion. Not really, I didn't know what we were doing for the day. Dark hair is hard to photograph by the way. I used this tutorial, and it worked awesome. Straight hair is just of doom, that's all.
So I guess the point is this. I am happy I could write down some childhood memories, but I am sad I will probably not have the grass I dreamed I would. I am sure I will survive though.
But maybe not.
Do you think this house would look just as nice in a dust field? Just imagine dust devils dancing around it...
PS The boy stood tonight! He pulled himself up to the chair, turned toward me and let go for a second. He stood there in all of his chubby wonder. It was pretty awesome.









2 comments:
I love it. I love it all (well maybe not the stickers) I love the dress, the memories, the grass, the adorable house, your adorable hair. All of it. And, to answer your question, it is me, I can't grow zucchini. I only tried it once, perhaps I should try again.
OH Kell!! I loved that dress, too, and thought that I should have it as well. Although, I think part of the beauty is her gorgeous, creamy skin, which I do NOT have. I think that house would be kind of creepy with desert landscaping. You could put in fake grass. Lots of my neighbors are doing it now. Apparently, I'm not great with sentence structure on Saturday mornings. PS. I love your hair, Sam crying, and your pictures, and I miss you guys. xo
Post a Comment