Yesterday I was doing laundry. That's not the interesting part of this story for we all know laundry to be most uninteresting. I am pouring the crystal blue goodness of some generic tide into my laundry cup and I drop it. This is not that interesting either, but has great bearing on the outcome of this story. The cup drops from my hands and as if it is in slow motion, I watch it hit the ground. It lands quite flatly and up from the cup comes a great geyser of generic tide, like a fountain right into my open right eye. Did you know that when you get generic tide in your eye, you need to flush your eye for a full 10 to 15 minutes? This is what I had the pleasure of learning about yesterday, and would be the interesting part of this story for those of you following along. I flushed for as long as I could stand and my eye hurt all night. This morning I could not open it. It had been sealed shut with tears or whatever eyes seal themselves with. Ew.
The puppy has gone home. I don't think I will be jumping at the chance for another puppy any time soon. Two is plenty and mine are eccentric enough without another friend to add to the fun. I need a nap.
6 comments:
Oh, that is painful. I did get a drop of full strength shampoo in my eye once and it took at least 24 hours to recover from the stinging pain. Poor, Poor, Kelly, I really do feel for you.
I have had the unfortunate opportunity to know exactly how that felt. It is NO fun!
I hope you feel better soon!!
Hmmm, thats sounds like something I DON'T want to do. Im not a huge fan of burning eyeballs, I hope you have a full recovery and arent traumatized every time you do your laundry now.
I have also had the occasion to have full strength shampoo in my eye, it was worse than the detergent but I had a bucket of detergent and very little shampoo. So you may have already felt the fury of the worst burning eye.
Oh and Katie, I have not forgotten you I just keep thinking of more stuff I want to send you so it's becoming a project and now I am trying to decide what to do.
your poor sad eyeball! I am so sorry to hear of this. Who knew you'd have toflush with water that long. Truley good info... Also kell I was wondering if you could go to this website and listen to the song and see if you know who sings it. Seems kelly like. And I like it but I never know who sings anything... the site is sheyerosemeyerphotography.com/blog but whatever you do please spare yourself the pain of reading about Ava. I have cried myself to sleep 4 nights in a row now and last night I drempt Lucy died and I'm pretty sure I was crying in my sleep too... just a little warning!
YEOUCH! Next time, blink. It's a blessed reflex. Actually, I have a disturbing reflex of turning away from viewing impending collisions (even my children's!) Yeah. Forget trying to SAVE them, just don't watch. AAAA!!
Post a Comment