This year hubby and I are going to be Charlie Brown (hubby obviously) and Lucy (me). The hubsters costume is pretty easy. I ordered a Charlie Brown shirt online for $10. Mine should be fairly simple but isn't turning out to be. Basically I need to wear a blue dress, I just threw out my saddle shoes a few months ago but I think I can survive without buying more. Here are my options:
I have a blue knee length skirt and I thought I could buy This shirt It has the white collar and would give the overall impression of Lucy. The blues would probably not match, but my Halloween is going to be spent with one maybe two other families in our friends house so it's not horribly imperative. I wish we had a picture of our Napoleon Dynamite and Deb Halloween. It was hot, but that's neither here nor there.
But the more I think about it I feel like I need a shorter blue dress to really sell it. If I wore a shorter dress I would have to wear leggings or jeans or something lame, not only that, it's going to be cold here in a month. Here are my dress options:
Not really close but I would probably wear it again. Assuming the dress curse doesn't strike and I end up looking like a total clown in it. Dresses and I are not friends.
I thought I could dye this little number a bright blue hue. Probably not practical.
This one probably would be best for my purposes, but has very low re-wear value and I could look like a blimp which is fine when you are Lucy but not so hot in normal life. Of course, I probably couldn't buy fabric and get it made for less than that.
Thoughts?
2 comments:
Hmmm, that's a tough call, the collar definitely looks more authentic to me so I was leaning towards the shirt. I think the second dress is probably best, I just don't know how easy it is to dye things, but maybe it's not too bad. Cute ideas though.
cute idea! Are you gonna carry around a football? I dont know what would be the best dress but like you said its not the hugest deal in the world. I think if you walking anywhere near charlie brown people will automatically think " Lucy"
Post a Comment