I really love our nurses at the NICU. It's going to be strange to go home and not see them everyday. They have become such a part of our lives. Our primary nurse has been such a blessing. She has really fought for the twins and worked to make sure the best happens for them. It's nice to know that she has our back. Today she told J that she didn't think we were going to be home by our due date in 10 days. Doodle has a ways to go before she can go home. It's sort of like having really premature overdue babies. O_o Yes, as a family we are that cool. We are a collective enigma.
So, here's the question. Does this sweet little girl here,
Look anything like this one? I think she might actually have a little bit of her momma in there after all. Maybe? :)
I am surprised I don't have a pictures of Gracie making that face, I am pretty sure I have seen her make that face.
Today I was in the hall during shift change. We aren't allowed in the NICU during shift change. I could hear some of the nurses laughing and talking by the door they use to come in and out, a group came out. Our nurse must have seen I was out there because she popped her head back out holding Moonpie and said, "Mom, I am awake and I am hungry!"
One of the nurses looked at him, looked at me and said, "What have you done to him?"
I said, "What do you mean what have I done? I have been feeding him."
She said,"He is soooo fat! I have only been gone for a week."
He is 6 pounds 2 oz. It's so crazy to think he was once so so small. Doodle is tipping the scales at 5 pounds 2 oz. It's kind of weird to see how much difference just a pound makes on such a little person. They feel so different.
The doctor even mentioned his fatness today. So much so, he even lowered his calories. The babies have been getting supplemented calories in their milk to help them grow. I never knew I could be so happy to have a fat child. Of course, 6 pounds 2 oz is hardly fat but when you started out at 2 pounds 11 oz, it's a beautiful thing to be that fat.
In other news, I am completely obsessed with this British magazine that is expensive beyond all reason. Well, I guess not beyond all reason because if that were the case, I wouldn't now own 5 digital issues and one paper issue. Considering how cheap I am though, that should tell you of the awesomeness therein. I quite love it. It's brilliant, I would say if I were British.
Cute video that will make you want it here. Click me you know you want to!
It's got my creative juices flowing for sure. I like to tell myself that I will get my house cute and crafty in all my spare time. It could happen, right? Spare time I mean.
Oh, I crack myself up, but seriously, it's that cool.




8 comments:
Way to go good Momma! Keep on making those babies fat!!!! Woooo hoooo for fat babies. They are soooooooo cute!
Before I saw ur baby picture below ur little girls picture I thought 'that baby looks like Kelly!' totally! So cute, I'm glad ur babies r doing so well and getting nice and chubbified. Savannah was born 6lbs8oz so they r catching up nicely! I love that u r so crafty, I bought two craft books for myself and I'm dying to do everything in them. Give babies kisses for me. I cant wait to see them.
you're right! that did make me want to buy that magazine. so fun, I love crafts. and yes those babies are way cute. I can't wait to see them in real life and snuggle them and give them little pats. ah such a good life.
<3 j
My goodness, whatever you're doing, KEEP IT UP! What a pair miracles you've got there. Amazing! ... and I do see the resemblance :)
And, it COULD happen ... it's just a matter of WHEN, and if you're willing to give up sleep for that moment. ;) You'll do it!
Love and prayers!
You'll probably wish the nurse could come home with you, but it will still be good to be home :) You are such a trooper and a CUTE baby. Haha, you made me smile today!
they are so adorable, congratulations again! They do get so big so fast, it's ridiculous. That's so sad when they say she doesn't think they'll be home by their due date. Babies change their mind on ya real quick so who knows. Hopefully it's soon. I was pretty much done with the hospital by week 7 so I can only imagine how done you are, with 2 babies in there and 1 at home! Ack! You go girl!
See, Gracie does look like you! She is a good mix of both sides, but definitely has a lot of Kelly in her. They are both so precious. I love those weights! Your milk must be pure cream, which is what they must need right now. Good job, mama! Love all your kids! I had a dream a few weeks ago that I got to babysit the kids while you slept. It was a glorious dream! I hope it becomes a reality in the near future when you all get to come home. Keep up the good work!
Kimberly, that sound like a dream come true for both of us. Sounds like a plan.
Post a Comment