Sunday, February 26, 2012

Grace...

At the risk of sounding whiney or complainy or any manner of other negative ways I could sound, I am going to be honest, this stinks. It stinks big ol heaps of stinky diapers. It feels like it will never end and things will never change or get better. I think I am depressed.

Today our nurse, and I often call her my nurse, was telling me what she saw as worst case scenarios were for our sweet little girl. Lest anyone get upset at her for doing so, I will state for the record that I appreciate it immensely. I am not one for having things sprung on me. I like fair warning, I like worst case scenarios, I like to prepare as best as I can. That being said, it's not great news. Worst case scenarios rarely are.

So much of my life I have felt that I have spent in limbo, waiting. I am beginning to realize that, this may be what life is. As John Lennon once said, "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." It has once again become painfully obvious that I am not in charge here. Shocking I know, and I once again find myself totally and utterly worn out by trying to be in charge, if only mentally. I keep wondering why it is I can't seem to learn this lesson.

I am really hoping that we can avoid, worst case scenario. Here I am trying to be in charge again I suppose, but I would like to invite any and all who would like to, to join our family in a special fast this Sunday coming up for our little Doodle girl. It would mean so much to us if you could. I know that if you could join us and fast and pray for her little lungs, and that she could over come her reflux, and be able to eat well, and grow we might all be able to be a part of a miracle. If we could take our babies and go home and have her mostly healthy that would be a miracle. I just want her to be healthy and happy.

On one hand I am terrified at the work and insanity that will commence when we return home a five person family having left a three person family, but it would be so much nicer to face the insanity with healthy babies.

We really appreciate so much your love and support. It means so much. We love you all. Thank you a million times thank you.

2 comments:

Staceygirl said...

Just don't let worst case scenarios for the future ruin the present for you - for the present is all you really have. Sometimes I let thinking about the past or the future ruin the very moment where I live - but I'm getting better at appreciating the present. Enjoy the tender mercies you get each day. We are so in for the fast. We will be happy to do it. Little Gracie is so sweet. If there is anything else we can do, let us know!!

Staceygirl said...

And I'm not trying to be preachy because heaven knows I ain't got no place preaching. I was just trying to give encouragement and hope :)