Thursday, June 11, 2009

Two weeks of roller coaster fun, or not so fun, yeah not fun...

Hi,
Ok, so I will just kind of type like a mad woman and answer questions later. Last week we were supposed to hear about a little girl we might have had the opportunity to adopt. We have not heard anything. We have called, not info. Communication becomes hard on a one way street, so I have been wondering if now that the time is here if the family is having a hard time dealing with the realities of life, which, I totally understand. I can't imagine giving up a baby I had been raising for over a year. I get it, but at the same time, could we communicate that? It's not exactly a pic nic to be told you are going to get to adopt a child, your dreams are going to come true and then just hear nothing. It's kind of tortuous. So last Sunday we got blessings from our bishop. They did not ring of happiness and light, basically it said we needed to buckle up for things not to go smoothly. Great. So I figure the not running smoothly is lack of information and I don't really know what to do about it. I am thinking maybe a letter. (this woman can talk and this way we can express our feelings and explain that we know this has got to be killing her...ect.)

So Tuesday my one friend up here and I went into town. We decided to stop by Downtown Flag. (This is a side story by the way,)We are walking around feeling poor when we come across and interesting store with a very interesting man who owns it. It's full of strange instruments. He has a magical musical bed. I took a ride on it. Basically you lay on this wooden bed thing with a cushion on it, and dude comes over and sits by it and strums it and sings. There is a tranquility triangle hanging over it made of copper plumbing pipe and crystals. I would call it an uncomfortable moment. My friends phone rang and she went outside. Thanks friend you rock! ;) So it's just me in this weird store with a strange but friendly man singing to me as I lay on this bed thing. The vibrations are supposed to do something, they felt weird to me, at first it was like I couldn't breathe weird hu? Unfortunately, I saw the tip jar for the magical musical bed after I took a ride. I wouldn't have done it if I had known, at the same time do you tip for crazy uncomfortable moments? I don't know. He was cool and the instruments were cool though. If you got a buck you might just try the magical musical bed, it makes your day much more interesting.

Tuesday on our way home I got a call from my magical musical friend Jessica. She heard about another baby and our information had been given to someone who knew more. This woman called me that night. I must have misunderstood her but I thought there was a very good shot that we could be parents by this weekend. So, dummy me, I stayed up all night naming her. Then in the morning found out that there was already a couple who wanted her and were planning on adopting her but we were next on the list. Well in my experience you don't drive hours and hours to go pick up a baby you are not ready to adopt. So, had kind of a crappy day. Wednesday was a tearful and sad day for me. Not that I don't think it's going to happen, but I would prefer this weekend as opposed to some unknown date in the hopefully near future. So, that's the story.

I thank you for your prayers. My mom and I both feel like our baby is on it's way soon, so do not feel your prayers are a lost cause. It's gonna hit one of these days and we can have a party! Today I cleaned my side yard. I killed a centipede and pulled out the bedazzled bike of goodness and light. It was a good day. I can't wait to enjoy my side yard. I need to make a porch swing holder type thing. Any tips?

Happy anniversary to us! Jason and I have been married for 5 years. As much as this infertility thing has really sucked, I do feel like Jason and I have become very close and have grown closer and better because of it. I am very blessed. He makes me laugh constantly, he will do anything for me, he calms me down. He gives me blessing on an almost constant basis lately. He just plain and simple rocks. I was going to write him a ukulele song but the side yard needed desperate attention. I also don't know about my song writing abilities and feel it might take me more than a day. I am not musically inclined.

Anyway, maybe this Summer I can ride around on my bedazzled bike of goodness and light and get some more stuff done. Maybe that's how I can look at it. I have more time to get some stuff done before the baby comes. I will make the most of it.

Thank you all for your prayers. I do know that I would be a blubbering wreck without your love and support. They are being answered in that I am not quite insane yet, and I thank you muchly...

Oh and I LOVE pandora. It's so cool. Ingrid Michaelson station it pretty much rocks.

6 comments:

Jeremy and Cindy said...

Sorry to hear that things aren't working that well. We wish for the best in the near future. We love you guys. Happy anniversary!

Lolo said...

Okay first of all I had to laugh out loud at the "Thanks friend you rock! ;) " I wish I was there to witness such awkwardness! HAHA! SECOND, bummer about the little girl. What a pain in the booty the whole adoption thing has been. It would be VERY hard to give up a child, I know two girls that did in their past and I can't imagine how hard that would be. Someone will come along.
Keep on keepin on! Love ya and stay positive!

Jill Ison said...

kell kell kell... oh man am i sorry. how painful this is for you. its just not fair!!! i know it will work out though unfortunatly at some unknown time in the near future though. the good thing is that god knows whats best and perhaps you're waiting for the right baby instead of just any old baby. pretty sure thats the way you'll want it in the end. adoption is amazing and though its painful at times im glad you're perusing it! I had a friend years ago that went through some hard things with adoption... she got even closer than you did to getting a baby and man oh man was it hard to watch. but happily she did finally have something come through for her. and you will too :)

Katie said...

You are amazing. We will continue to keep you in our prayers. Best of luck and I hope you had a fabulous anniversary!!

Wendy Hansen said...

You are one awesome girl Kelly. I love reading all of the things that you write. I love all of the crazy/silly things that happen to you. And I just love your personality all around. I am so very sorry for all of the struggle that you have had but I know that it will make you appreciate it that much more when it finally happens. I'm wondering if any of us will every get to hold your baby when you get it, you won't let him/her go.

We love you!!!!

Staceygirl said...

Kelly, I feel so bad that I've been so wrapped up in my own life lately that I've missed many of your posts. I feel like I haven't been there to lend my support, so I'm sorry about that. Stay strong. I totally know what you mean about wanting things to happen now and not in the "hopefully near future." But, you are smart to prepare. Most parents have 8 months, but you'll probably have only days, if not hours. Hang in there. Someday, the waiting will all be history. That's what I've been telling myself about my own situation for many months now, but yet here I am today with things not settled. The wait can be agonizing, I know, especially with lack of info. You must continue to trust in your Heavenly Father, for He knows the first from the last, and I'm sure His blessings will come in the way that is best for you, Jason, and the child. You are such a gem.