Friday, June 12, 2009

Projects...

First of all, thank you for all of your comments. My one beef with blogger is that I can't really just comment back in a simple way. If I comment back on my post will you even see it? I always forget to click the email me follow up comments box. Or do I go to your blog and post on yours with unrelated gobelty gook? So I will say thank you here. Thank you!

So my friend told me I should document my projects. Unfortunately, I didn't take a before shot of the side yard. It doesn't look wonderful if you don't know where it's beginnings were. I moved piles of wood. Killed millions of spiders. It was rough work. Any way here it is in all of it's glory!


I am pretty excited about the cushions on the free chairs from off the side of the road. I got them on clearance and yes the cushion on the chair is also a lounger cushion, I couldn't argue with the clearance price. It works, sort of...we do what we can right? Oh and excuse the Hugo butt. He just likes to get in the way...

Here is my neatly stacked wood and loverly bike. You know her as the bedazzeled bike of goodness and light...


Ok, so let me explain. I saw in a beautiful magazine maybe Domino or Real Simple where they had painted the back of the built in shelves red and then had a robins egg blue wall color and I loved it but was unsure of committing to red. So I tried yellow. I don't like it and it will be going back to white. As if my house needs anymore going on. *cue Circus music* My house is a carnival of color and maybe a little crazy. So, bad idea, will be going back to white. In a "real simple" house it may have worked but not in my crazy pants place...


My family room before


My house is very window-y so it's hard to get a good shot of my living room but you can see my wall color and new couch. Yay new couch. I like the new color it's bright and cheery. I thought my room was green originally, but when we put the blue by that color it looked very khaki it was weird. More painting projects to come...
Family room after.


I am making a list of projects, so hopefully I can get them all done. I think I will be able to with a little help from my friend. She owes me, she totally left me on the magical musical bed to fend for myself...

6 comments:

Jill Ison said...

i love it! you did such a cute job on EVERYTHING! seriously. you house looks adorable and you side yard looks so peaefuland relaxing... you could do some serious lemonade sippin out there :)

Lolo said...

Thanks for telling me that was hugos butt. My lack of sleep left me staring at the picture wondering what that was...a white pigeon like bird? A seagull perhaps? Wait she doesnt live by the sea.... a cats paw grasping the chair?...no....OH! a dog butt! My eyes are failing.
I like your side yard, good job! I would've freaked at the spiders.

You are so fun!♥

Wendy Hansen said...

Oh man, I'm with Lolo, I would have made it through the hundreds of spiders. but it was time well spent. I love little secret side hard gardens, and I can't believe you found those cool chairs ont he side of the road.

I love Real Simple magazine too. And I love all of your paint colors, I heart paint. You are quite the little decorator.

Jeremy and Cindy said...

Great job! We are going to have to come see your lovely little abode someday.

Staceygirl said...

My sisters used to scream when they imagined giant spiders coming down on their faces. We all hate them... what is it about those eight legs that is so dang creepy? I think it's unnatural to have so many legs!! Cute result on the side yard, though... I hope the spiders are gone.

Tanya Leigh said...

Is this the cover of Home & Gardens? What a fun side yard you made! When can I come invade your space? :)