Thursday, April 9, 2009

TODAY is a great day...

My sister in law sent me a very nice e-mail that included this story. I cried while I read it. I guess it's easy to feel alone when you are dealing with junk you really don't want to be dealing with. It made me cry, but it also made me feel better. Thank you Kim, it reminded me I am not alone, and that things are going to work out soon.

Jason and Kelly:

I just had to write and tell you about Matthew's prayers last week. So, of course, we have been praying and fasting for you guys. Well, I guess Matthew was getting a little frustrated. He prays religiously for you that you can have a family. Anyhow, last week he was sitting by me in the morning while the older kids were at school, and he was talking about all of his aunts, uncles, and cousins. So, he starts talking about Uncle Jason and Aunt Kelly. He says, "Mom, when are Jason and Kelly going to be able to have a family?" Well, we have all been praying hard for them, and they are doing everything they can to get some cousins for you. I told him we just need to keep praying and be patient, because I know that Heavenly Father is going to bless them with some children. Matthew said, "Well, then I am going to say another prayer right now." So, Matthew says in his prayer, "Heavenly Father, please bless my Aunt Kelly and my Uncle Jason that they can start their family." Then, he paused for a few seconds and said, "TODAY! In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

And thank you Matthew and all of my other sweet little nieces and nephews for your prayers. Thank you so much. :)

7 comments:

Jules said...

Priceless. Out of the mouth of babes :-)

Jill Ison said...

such a sweet little story.

Lolo said...

Aw, thats so cute! hehe, love it!

Katie said...

So precious! A very sweet story indeed!!
Have a Happy Easter!!

Wendy Hansen said...

Love it. Sometimes impatience is a good thing. I like his style. Today would be good.

Tanya Leigh said...

Oh, so sweet. I had to choke back the tears. :)

Jeremy and Cindy said...

Too sweet. We are all praying for you and we wanted to wish you a Very Happy Birthday! We hope it went well. Love you lots.