The boy pulled out the tripod and wanted to take some pictures. It's kind of nice to get in on the pictures, even if i just woke up, and even if the boy, when looking at this picture told me, "This looks like a poo poo head family."
and thus was my day.
Today I decided I would not succumb to the chocolate in my house. I can do this. The day started out lovely with family prayers and happy kids and quickly turned into less than. Today has been awful. Tantrums and meltdowns and then while I was making dinner The boy took a costco sized olive oil and dumped 1/4th of it on my carpet. Why? who knows. So then we had some conversations about behaviors and privileges and there was weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth. No kids ate my delicious dinner and then they complained all night about being hungry. We talked about consequences and choices, and I really really really wanted to eat all the chocolate and the ice cream, but I didn't. I did have a sugar free Italian cream soda though and it was heavenly.
and thus was my day.
Today I decided I would not succumb to the chocolate in my house. I can do this. The day started out lovely with family prayers and happy kids and quickly turned into less than. Today has been awful. Tantrums and meltdowns and then while I was making dinner The boy took a costco sized olive oil and dumped 1/4th of it on my carpet. Why? who knows. So then we had some conversations about behaviors and privileges and there was weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth. No kids ate my delicious dinner and then they complained all night about being hungry. We talked about consequences and choices, and I really really really wanted to eat all the chocolate and the ice cream, but I didn't. I did have a sugar free Italian cream soda though and it was heavenly.

No comments:
Post a Comment