The other day we were driving down the road and hit a tumbleweed. Somehow that started a google search and we found out that tumbleweeds are not native to our country let alone our West. To think something so iconic is not even native to our land. It's actually called Russian Thistle. Apparently seeds came over in shipments of grain from Russia. This picture is of Aloe Vera, not a tumbleweed. And now you know the rest of the story.
I was sitting outside trying to catch a humming bird that lets you get pretty close to him. I wanted to see if he would visit these flowers while I was there and he did, but I had the boy with me and the wrong lens. I am planning another stake out.
He's the same one that flew up to me and looked into my soul. He's a brave soul.


No comments:
Post a Comment