Monday, February 24, 2014

The most important meal of the day...

54/365

Breakfast. I wanted to catch the intensity with which Moonpie eats. He examines everything thoroughly and he nibbles to make sure it's palatable, and he makes a face only the most skilled food critic can make. I don't think I caught it, but breakfast was fun to catch anyway. :)


We had St. Patty's day Lucky charms. Maybe marshmallows negate the need to study food, it must be good so just dive in, am I right? J told the kids the story of Hansel and Gretel while we ate, but used them as the stars of the story and they were enthralled. I love watching them listen to their dad spin a yarn. The boy was trying to retell it and it's just adorable.

I am still trying to love church. I guess it's good that I am trying. The kids were not horrible today so that's an improvement, I could hear the speakers, mostly... but the kids in nursery were horrible. Never the non horrible shall meet I suppose. It's more about my attitude than anything. I am going to have to go all former preschool teacher on my class. Bust out the poster board!

Also, I made pies. And that makes things better. They were probably some of my best. Well, I can't speak to one of them, we didn't have enough people for dinner to break into a second one.
Breakfast with a dash of regret, but mostly breakfast. :)

1 comment:

Staceygirl said...

I like your flowers. I am looking for ideas to brighten up my kitchen. And I looooove Lucky Charms... it's true, they really ARE magically delicious!