Thursday, February 13, 2014

Boogers in black and white...

44/365
I think one of the biggest hang up's I have with photography is I worry I am not doing it right? I feel like I am going to be caught making rookie mistakes and somehow that will ruin my life? Here's the thing though, I am a rookie. I am learning slowly and I make mistakes. If someone were to point them out, I could improve, so what am I so afraid of? Dang perfectionist tenancies. If you were to kindly make suggestions on how I might improve I would appreciate it. No, really, I would. ;)

One of the photography sites I follow had an article on split lighting and I got these of Doodle and gave it a go. Black and white is pretty hard to get right especially with my limited skills. The things I like are the shadow of the flowers on the wall behind her, and the boogers, the boogers are epic! It's hard to find a place in my house with negative space, there is always tons going on in the background but I like it when the kids work at the table. I can usually get some shots with out much else in the frame. The other issue I am struggling with is consistency but I guess I am still trying to figure out what my "thing" is so it makes sense I would be all over the place for now. Right? I think so.



She is so funny. She is my only child that can eat an orange with out trying to eat the peel. She is so careful about so many things but her face is always a disaster. I feel like all I do is wipe her down but still I pull out the camera and she's caked with frosting and boogers. She's so grubby and I just love that about her.

No comments: