Friday, June 25, 2010

Our little trips...

I have had so many thoughts swirling through my head the last few months. Nothing real concrete, I haven't had time for anything to settle and really become anything more than fleeting. It's been weird, because, as horrible as I am at actually conveying my thoughts, I do usually have several, what I would call deep thought processes going on at once. Welcome to motherhood I suppose. I haven't even done a proper blog about theboy. How sad is that?
Here is my excuse, I do not have photo editing on this computer, thus I have to use the Husbands computer and if you know my husband you know that for anyone else to get a go at his computer is near impossible. He always has his head in a computer, his face glowing in it's light. Last night I got at his computer! Muwahahahahahahaaaaa!

So as I sit here trying to think of something lovely to talk about, I realize I am angry. Let me tell you why I am angry. On the last day of our lovely vacation in Utah I got sick, really sick. The sore throat, the aches and pains, the cough, the whole nine yards. Fun times. I haven't "caught" anything that bad for years and years. As I am right now almost a week later, I am still coughing, still scared to death The boy is going to get it and I have pink eye. Do you watch Burn Notice? You should, it's a great show, but I feel a little like I am a burned spy and now that I don't have the support, all of my old enemies are coming after me. Let me explain. For three years I taught pre-school. I taught 19 coughing, sneezing, snotty, and all manner of sick, children on a daily basis. They didn't stay at school if they were sick, but not only did they come to school with pink eye and lice and all manner of, well, I don't even want to think of it. They would come in with their siblings who had all manner of things I don't want to think of when their parents dropped them off. For three years I was exposed and never not EVER did I get pink eye. My nephew gets pink eye and before they even know he has it it's gone, I have been sick, so I have been trying to stay away from the kids and yet, here I sit with the pinkest eye you ever did see.
Do you see what I mean? I was untouchable, now I am on my own to fight the infections. Burned spy.

Next topic:
So, I have a new resolve to blog more. I really want to get my journal writing back in check for the boy. I have well documented years in college which are probably agonizing to read, but since I have the memory of a gnat, I couldn't tell you for sure. I don't want to forget how I felt when he was born or anything about the whole crazy experience. I also just feel like I need to get more thoughts out. I will also try to get to the computer with the photo editing stuff on it more often.

So here are some pictures from our trip. I didn't take very many. Shame on me.





I wanted to do a color challenge, this was going to be my blue picture.

Someday when I grow up, I am going to live in a house that looks like this. It even had a purple door! I want a purple door!





This is my favorite picture of the trip. My lovely mother. Who is now laying in agony with a twice broken arm, but before that there were lilacs and joy.


I just thought she was so cute in this picture.





I really wanted to use some of the awesome that is Utah and get some family pics, but they were all squinty, I did like this one.



And then the boy as we were rolling down the highway, like a band of gypsies.



Oh yes and the horrible fire in Flagstaff. Had to get some of that. It's so sad. Why do campers not realize, YOU ARE IN AZ, PUT YOUR FREAKING FIRE OUT YOU MORON!



A few weeks earlier J and I went to Flagstaff and on our way home we stopped at the natural bridge near Payson. I had never been there, it was pretty awesome.







I would love to go back with hiking shoes and a bathing suit, but the lady there said the state was going to close them down because of the budget. Yay politicians!

While we were in Williams, we went to Bearazona! You basically drive your car around and look at animals. Bison and mountain goats and big horned sheep, but also BEARS!



They are just roaming around. Then they had two baby bear cubs in a separate area and they were super fun to watch.



Please take me home, I would never bite you.



I am not even sure when they slowed down long enough for me to get that one.

I should probably wrap this post up, it's going to be long and daunting to read as it is. Next up, The boy.

PS, I am seriously considering making several eye patches during this pink eye episode. They could match my outfits...

6 comments:

Katie said...

Love the update! Love the picture of your Mom. Hope she is doing better and things are healing as they should.
Looking forward to Sam's post :)

Jill Ison said...

Kell I heard about you mom and I feel so bad for her. I hope she is doing lots better. That is a beautiful photo of her happy with lilacs. that on of sam rolling down the highway like gypsies... haha!! too cute. And also I am feeling you sickly pain as we speak. i havent eaten in 2 days and I feel like i might die very very soon. Hope we can all be feeling better soon. pink eye is the worst! I hate pink eye.

Staceygirl said...

I hate pink eye, too. My kids seem to get it all the time, and while I never remember having it, I just hate having to put the darn drops in their eyes for days on end. I got sick right after Brandon was born, and he never got it... I think angels were taking care of him, so let's hope Sammy gets the same heavenly treatment. I know what you mean about wanting to document everything. I have written birth stories for all my kids... I just have to force myself to sit down and do it soon after the birth. Otherwise, I start forgetting details. I hope they appreciate it someday. I was talking about Utah today... nice to visit, I guess, if you never had to live there in agony over being away from family in a place you hated (winter mostly). Maybe I would enjoy it better now knowing that I could go home to Arizona. It does have its share of beauty, I must admit.

Lolo said...

DUDE!!! Why is EVERYONE getting pink eye?!!! I've never heard of so many people getting it as I have lately.I love your pictures, that house is so rad! Love the blue moose picture too. I want to go to Bearizona now. Great post Kell, can't wait to see more Sammy J, he's so precious! I hope your mom recovers soon, that sucks, OUCHIE! =(

Kevin and Kimberly said...

First of all, I think you could totally rock the eye patch thing! Sorry about pink eye and all the sickness. You have had a quite unusually busy couple of months. I know when I have months like those, my immune system takes a toll. I don't notice mentally that I am stressed, but my body sure seems to sense that there is something different going on. Mine usually attacks in the form of cold sores and no voice. I hope you get better real soon. Sounds like you had fun in Utah--except for the sickness. I LOVE the picture of you, Jason, and the baby at the natural bridge. I think that is the first pic of all three of you I have seen--adorable. Jacob wants you to adopt him after seeing your pics from Bearizona. I guess we might need to take him there sometime. Loved the pictures of your dream house. We are planning for our mansion someday as well--ours will have to wait for the next life. We can't afford what we want, but we have what we need so that is good. At least we will know where to find your mansion, the one with the purple door. Love that!

Wendy Hansen said...

I love posts with random thoughts. It helps you see the inside of people. That picture of your mom is beautiful, so so sorry for her broken arm, it hurts to even think about it. LOVE the picture of Lorin's family, such a cute laugh. Love the adorable dream house, love sweet baby Sam, love the eye patch idea, you could totally rock it.