My life has been one fraught with waiting. I was single for a while, I found the best husband in the world, he was worth the wait, but after waiting for him, I hoped it would not be a long wait for the kiddos to come. After five agonizing years and one month, several adoption leads that went nowhere, 1 miscarriage and a failed round of in vitro, my dream finally came true.



He wasn't easy to get here. 5 years of emotional labor, lots of tears, lots of stress. A lot of blessings and prayer.


I am grateful for the experience. I was able to cut the umbilical cord. I cried as I watched him come to this world and thought "Oh please don't let me loose him now, please please please..." I spent an agonizing 3 days waiting for the papers to be signed, and I watched and cried as his sweet birth mother's heart broke over and over and over again. I cried with her, we shared the experience in very different ways but we were together for three days straight. He is oh so very loved, and oh so very blessed to be loved enough to be given a family, with a dad and a mom. Oh how she loves him, and oh how loved he is by us. What a loved little boy.



I cannot express the pure joy that he has brought. It is all of my dreams come true and I still find myself blinking in amazement. How did this happen? It's a pure miracle, that's all that can account for it. Pure amazement. Thank you all for your prayers and your love and your fasting and for this wonderful and amazing gift I am embarking on called motherhood. Thank you for helping us to be a family, we are in awe every day. Such a gift.


5 comments:
Beautifully put. He is so sweet! Love the fun pictures.
*goosebumps* very heartfelt and wonderful to read. He is such a loved little boy!! Also I remember you wanting to be a princess :) you were always the princess in every make believe game.
I remember being dainty princesses with you! Hehe! Those were the best times.
Whos awesome, sweet and cute all over? I'll give you one guess...
Thats so cool you got to cut the cord! =D
Just think how much sweeter this dream come true is after all the heartache you felt. He is so adorable... I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I was thinking about you today while I was looking at some funky shoes at TJ Maxx and your post about how you wore something you thought other people might think was odd, and I thought... I'm so glad Kelly has the courage to be herself. Seriously, if everyone had that courage, I think this whole world would be much more interesting!! Instead, we all have the same stuff that we think other people will think looks good... I know I fall victim to that much too often. Yay for originality!
I love that boy! I love his most kissable lips, I love his sweet little smile, I love his fuzzy fuzzy head, I love his adorable baby feet, I love that he has so many people that love and adore him. And mostly I love that your prayers were answered!
Post a Comment