Friday, July 10, 2009

My House (picture heavy, BEWARE)

So, my friend Courtney has been asking me to post pictures of my house. I have been cleaning in an attempt to not die of embarrassment next time someone just drops in to see our house. In my defence nobody has even looked at our house or said boo to us, (including our Realtor, Realtors what a racket that is.)So of course while we were gone some people wanted to look at our house. I haven't even thought about random people wandering around our house in a year!
Anyway, I was cleaning, we also have guests coming today, and I took a ton of pictures. Once all the visitors clear out I can get some pictures of the back rooms until then they will remain a mystery...
Come on In...







Love my little Indian picture. It's so cute.


I couldn't get a good picture of my chair in this room, sorry it's so dark.

Family Room (and cue circus music)







This picture inspired the barbie desk.

and here is the barbie desk



I think I am going to paint that chair red. the purple kind of comes out of nowhere. *cue circus music*




My little window close up

A few close ups of what's on my hugemongous fireplace mantle





My window art.

And a few of my favorite things

I got her at a garage sale. She is from japan circa 1940 ish. So cute. I love her.


A loverly Poem my dear Risa wrote for me. I think the only poem I have ever had written for me.


My old books, my armless princess. She recently lost her arm while I was moving stuff to paint this room the beautiful color it currently is. And of course, a gator...

Moving on to the Dining room! *throws confetti* It's not so circus-tastic...





This picture was in my great grandma's attic I guess. My mom just gave it to me last time I was down. I quite like it.


Some pictures that we took during our photo a day challenge.

And in we go to the Kitchen...






Got the limeade goodness on clearance at a store here downtown. Love it. I got the vintage flour and sugar ads at the same store when it was going out of business. Sad day...



And my favorite:

My winking cat salt and pepper shakers.

I am debating pictures of our room, I am in the process of picking a new color. I am thinking a brighter pretty green? I am not a very khaki army green kind of girl but it doesn't look horrible...
Bedroom:



OK, so the horse bowl, probably the most random of our wedding gifts. It's purpose now is to organize my husbands pocket crap, the problem? He has to actually use it, which he doesn't really do...so it sits there collecting dust.


Awwww...my ukulele, and my wizard of OZ bobble heads!


My dear and wonderous marmie made me this bedspread for Christmas. I love it. I am thinking of painting the room the green in the bedspread, I was thinking a pretty purple but not a girly purple a manly purple, if that exisits...but I think green will be my best bet.

So if I do green, what do I paint these?

A darker green? White? They are quite the wall full of closet/cupboards... Maybe a super cool vinyl scene?

So I guess these will be my before pictures and hopefully I can get it painted and have some afters.

Bathroom:

I am planning on painting the bathroom grey, with a maroon pinstripe, I am hoping it will come out cool although with my vintage goodness in there the 50's vibe works.
I didn't get many good pictures of the bathroom...

Hallway
Same as before only I added my two dollar trumpet to the top of my Louis Armstrong poster.




This is the doorway that has been named the Hell Mouth by my friend Rachel. This is where Jason went crashing to his fingers death. The stairs are scary and bad news so this sign has been added as a safety feature. When the hell mouth tried to claim Rachel's ankle we had to take action...

That's all for now. I will be back with fewer pictures of the back two rooms. I have ideas and I need to get them organized.

Every piece of furniture was either given to us or a garage sale find. I think I have 3 pieces of furniture that we actually bought at a store. One of them was a store going out of business, the other was a sort of a furniture consignment store and Ikea, so we got a great deal on our stuff. That ain't bad.

8 comments:

Jill Ison said...

lovely house kell. it's so vintage and cute. actually i think the word i want to use is adorable! i think i have a dest just like the barbie desk but i painted mine white... i think i like it barbie better though.

Lolo said...

DUDE! your house is so freaking cute! I never knew but I should've guessed cause you and your mom have some mad decorating skills. LOVE IT! Im jealous! I have no idea what Im going to decorate my house with, you are so creative!...and thrifty ~DOUBLE RAD~!

Stacee said...

I love your house, of course my kids will destroy cute things like that, that is why I don't have any. LOL

Jeremy and Cindy said...

Cute, Cute, Cute!

Heather said...

Your house is adorabus. I love your style. Plus, I LOVE the indian picture....I remember buying it with you! And, the quilt your mom made is so sweet.

Staceygirl said...

Move closer so that we can enjoy your cuteness better!! Of course, that is all dependent on my relocation to Gilbert/Chandler. Move there and let us all be together!!

Tanya Leigh said...

I thoroughly enjoyed the tour, Kel. Oh, the goodness within those walls! ... would you consider that pretty maroon-ish color for your bedroom? Just another confusing option ;) What an adorable abode. :) :)

Bowman Family said...

Kelly, I love you house! If I were looking to move to Williams I would totally buy it. Unfortunately, I don't think I will ever be looking to move there so you will have to find another buyer. Can't wait to see you guys!
Meg :-)