Sunday, July 12, 2009

I go out Walking...

On Friday I went for a walk with the lil pup, because he was restless and I needed to get away from my thoughts for a while. Being alone with ones thoughts can be quite the burden at times.

It was another Freebie Friday!



This ginormous desk was sitting out by the curb waiting for a new home. I would've taken it, but my house, as you have seen from the previous post, is in no state to be accepting giant pieces of solid wood furniture. It makes me wonder what fabulous treasures I miss sitting by the side of the road. Anyway, giant solid wood furniture is not cheap, it would've been cool to re-paint, maybe I could have sold it. I guess I should have thought in those terms but I passed on the gift of the freebie Friday. I think it was gone too once the hubby got home so maybe someone else who could really use it got it.

I decided to make some bread. I bought this loverly bread maker that makes bread the way bread is supposed to be shaped, not all topsy turvey like many bread makers, but my bread came out deformed anyway...





It was good, everyone said so, but I am left wondering what went wrong. I usually use my bread maker just for dough maybe it was angered by that fact. Who knows. In the end though, bread is bread and it's good bread at that. I guess it just goes to show that things don't have to be perfect or wonderful to serve their purpose. Life still tastes good even when it goes a little a lot awry...

Our guests are gone, all of my shelves are cleared to the height of a 13 month old. Tomorrow I will put it all together again and await my parents, and the giant dog of doom, Bufords visit. He's not a bad dog, he's just huge that's all, really really huge...

3 comments:

Staceygirl said...

Check your breadmaker's instruction booklet for troubleshooting tips. At least it still tasted good, which is really the whole point anyway. It was unique... like you! Free is only good when you need the thing... otherwise, free is a burden. I guess selling is a good option, but it's nice to think maybe someone who needed it more than you got it.

Jill Ison said...

im so hungry. i didn't need to see that delicious looking bread right now! it's got spunk :) i like to pick up other peoples trash too cuz some people have some dang good trash!

Wendy Hansen said...

I'm glad that your alien bread tasted good still. I've never had a lot of luck with a bread machine, I wish it really worked. But taste is definitely more important than looks. It's not around long enough to look at it anyway. And I am with Stacey on junk only being a burden unless you need it.