Sunday, March 1, 2009

Thank you to all...

I used to think when people said they could feel your prayers and love they were exaggerating. I don't think that anymore. I am so thankful for your love and prayers. Really thank you so much for thinking and fasting for us. It means more than you could ever know, and it helps remind me of what the most important things in life are. Family and good friends.

Today I had sharing time, it was on Fathers. I feel like fathers kind of get a bum rap in our society. We don't like the ones who are bums but we also don't really go out of our way to recognize the great ones, and although, my dad will probably never read this. I just thought I would like to give him a shout out for being awesome. Sure he's not perfect, but he is there, I have never once wondered if he loved me, he has never had a problem telling us how much he loves us. I would watch, and still do, TV shows that talk about the dad who could never say I love you. I think I always took for granted that my father never had that problem. I am thankful that he is worthy of the priesthood. I am thankful that he still takes care of me. Helping me with car issues or by letting my mom come and be with me when I need her. I am thankful for the wonderful example he has been to me throughout my life and continues to be. What a blessing to have a dad who loves you and continues to bless you even when you are far away.
Thanks Dad, I love you very much.

Next week, if I haven't been released is on Mothers, I am sure I will be as emotional then too. :)

They say not to get your hair cut when you are emotional, May I also suggest not cutting your own hair when you are emotional? I think it's way worse. I went to trim my, well, we will call them bangs, they were past my nose. I thought I would just take a little off so they weren't so scraggly. I bought a razor for cutting hair took a swipe and yipes! I have bangs. Although not as short as Audrey's



They came out pretty short. They are growing on me, literally and figuratively. I am wondering what it would look like to cut them even shorter. Just embrace the whole vintage aesthetic.



Anyway don't do it by yourself, it's not a good idea. Consider yourself warned.

5 comments:

Wendy Hansen said...

1. I am so glad that you had a good Sunday, I have been thinking about you all day.

2. You're Dad is great, and you are right, I think all of us with good Dad's take it for granted that everyone has that in their lives. Not so, we are VERY fortunate.

3. Unfortunately, I have tried that before, and it's even more embarassing when you go to get the cut by a professional later and they ask you who cut your bangs? I think they look super cute on you by the way.

Lolo said...

Your dad is the bomb I must admit, he's one of my favorites! Dads are awesome! I actually really like your bangs! Good job, I've done some doozies on my bangs a time or two.

Love ya much Kell!♥♥♥♥♥

Jill Ison said...

kelly thanks for giving me the opportunity to fast for you today. I almost never fast because it is hard. I can go without eating any day of the week till atleast 4, especially if I'm busy. But fasting is so so hard for me. I can't even tell you how many times i almost caved today but then I would think about you and how badly you wanted a family and I said... I can do this! Fasting for a worthy cause provided me with the strength i needed. You're awesome, Jason is awesome and you both will be awesome parents. I love you kell and I am certain you will have the family you desire.

Katie said...

Thank you for letting me be a part of your fast. You are such a great friend and a wonderful example to me.

Your Dad is great!! He played a special role in my Mom's life during a very difficult time.

I have to confess--the week I got my diagnosis, I cut bangs on myself. I have to agree with you (though I think yours look GREAT!!!) it wasn't the best time for me to be doing my own hair cuts :)

Hope you are doing well and feeling better! Love ya!!

Tanya Leigh said...

Hey. I got your warning too late! I am dealing with my own hack job of bangs. What have I done~!? Yours look super-cute! I need to just go and donate the rest of my hair because I'm not doing anything good with it. :P