I do not come bearing pictures. Those have been postponed until next weekend when I am hoping for more cooperative weather.
I do have a fun dad story though.
So, my mom has started working for the first time since she has been a mom which has been a really long time. She decided, being the most generous and kind mother that she is that we would all go on a cruise with her earnings. Each couple would have to pay half but we would all go together and have a fabulous time. Enter economic doom stage left. My dad is hesitant to spend the money on the cruise because things are kind of dicey right now. Valid point. He's kind of been dragging his feet anyway. I don't think Mexico is his favorite destination and that money could go to use other places. My mom decides that if they say anything in conference that indicates that we should save our money and not go she will cancel it. It's the end morning conference and Pres. Monson is speaking of family and making memories and spending that quality time together. My husband looks at me and says I guess we are going on the cruise. I kid you not, three minutes after the amen my dad calls and says. "Did you hear the prophet tell us to go on the cruise?!?!" It was so funny to me. Follow the prophet, he knows the way! So all of this to say we are going on a cruise in January and I am so excited. It's going to be so much fun.
I love my parents.
6 comments:
That's awesome. You will have the best time. Especially with a big group like that. I missed that quote, I'll have to listen to it online so that I can get a vacation too. You do have great parents though, I like them A LOT.
Yeah for your family! That sounds like SO much FUN!!
So what is your mom doing? How is she liking it?
Hope you're doing well :P
I love it. thats so cool. I wish I was going. I know what your dad means about the economic doom. I feel it a little bit. were scared to buy a new car or house right now. I feel like I should be saving everything I can. That's no fun!! And were thinking of going to disneyland but part of me thinks we should not go. But the prophet gave us all the green light so go we must!
My dad has always taught that making memories is a good way to spend your money. I appreciate that because we have so many memories now. Things are just things, and by the way, you can't take money with you. So, as long as you can afford it without ignoring the prophet's other counsel to stay out of debt, do it!!
that is hilarious. the same thing happened to us. well kind of. when we were at the temple doing a session I had a feeling we should go on a cruise and see the beautiful world God created for us. what a great conference!
I'm really glad our parents (well, your parents, my in-laws) follow the prophet. I was extremely sad when I found out that the cruise was possibly going to be canceled.
Post a Comment