Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Stubborn from the womb...

119/365
We have been at odds. She can talk, but refuses to when I try to make her ask for things instead of cry and whine. If I take a stand and try to force the issue, she will cry and scream and bang her own little noggin into the hard floor. Full on tantrum. I keep hoping she will realize it's not worth the pain, but I'm not sure it isn't to her. Me? I would give up, but I wonder, when I was small would I fight to the death over saying the word snack, or please, or juice, or water, or milk?
I don't know. I don't even remember last week let alone when I was small. I do, however, know that I have a long standing hatred of being forced to do things. I don't mind being told what to do as long as I have a choice on how and when to proceed, it's the force. I don't like to feel forced. So in a way I feel her pain, but the whining crying meltdowns have got to stop, if not for me, for her poor sweet head.

No comments: