Because refashion sounds cool and exciting and super creative.
Soooo, A while back I came across a super cute store called darlybird. I bought the flying birds for The boy's room and they are awesome. I also went to her blog just to see what she was all about and found this awesome little bit of art that she was inspired to make from a french crafting magazine. Well, I loved it. I thought it was so fun and original, I decided to log it away for a future project.
*with reverb* The Future is NOW! ow ow ow ow....
You may also remember my Boy Can post
I took a formula can and made it into a handy dandy yarn holder for while you are crocheting. For those of you who don't crochet, yarn has a way of be-boppin all around the room and under the couch and tripping people and the cat attacks it and killer dust bunnies attack it and it's a mess. Soooooooo...
I took the formula can, and decopauged some paper over it. I am still too impatient to make it pefectly smooth and all. I am sure if I took more time it would be better. I printed out the kiddo's heads in black and white, Tati's was a little flat on top so she got to be on top. We have discussed my cropping problem.
So yeah, I bought some grommets and a grommet attacher thingy and put that through the top, viola! Yarn protection from cats and killer dust bunnies and all that yarn has to fear. Hopefully yarn is not afraid of the dark!







5 comments:
Yay! How adorable! I love how you "made it your own." (Can you tell I've been watching too much American Idol?) LOVE IT!
So genius, and so cute! I love the little rosy cheeks the best! You are awesome! **throws confett!**i
This is a really cute idea! I should make one of these for my mil! She would love it! Thanks for the idea!
Now that is a cute crochet holder! Our cub scout theme for February was Resourceful. This is a great example of being resourceful!! I love Creative Kelly!
you're clever! it seems i have missed quite alot in my absence!
Post a Comment