Thursday, September 23, 2010

More family pics...

Last week we took a quick jaunt up to Flagstaff. Our friend Justin told us he would take our pictures in the sunflowers when we came up. Only problem is, a sunflower field of goodness and light is not a forever thing. I wish I had taken a picture of the field we were in only a month earlier. It was nothing but dried up sunflower middles. It was sad, but we got some pictures anyway! We do not give up that easily!

I am happy to say they did not all turn out like this one. I look like the flying nun!


Let me tell you something about my hair. I made J wait to go so I could pin curl my hair. We had a slight tiff about it. I didn't want my family pictures to look bad and my hair needs cut, so I have to curl it when it is in this state. So I made us late by curling my hair, then I went everywhere with a big ugly green bandanna on my head. Not a great look to be sporting. I got weird looks and I hated it. And for all that trouble and irritation, I looked like a flipping flying nun. So much for vanity.



I also had some lovely yellow heels to wear, did I wear them? No. Why? I don't really know. My head hurt and I wasn't thinking. In all honesty though, the flip flops are a better reflection of my everyday.



I like this one. Sam's cheeks were pretty rosy. He is one cute cutie if I do say so myself.



But my favorite ever just makes me smile.



Thank you Justin!

5 comments:

Lolo said...

cute family!!! LOL @ the flying nun!!!

Jill Ison said...

kell... flying nun hair? yeah i dont think so! you are too cute. thats where sam and jason must get it from.

Staceygirl said...

Boys are funny that way sometimes. I bet it doesn't matter to Jason whether your hair is curled or not because you're just the same in his eyes... beautiful! I know Russ doesn't even notice whether I'm wearing makeup or not. I guess I should be happy for that.

Heather said...

These are the cutest pictures ever! I love them. And, have you gotten my thank you card?? I keep meaning to come online to thank you for the cuteness you made and sent up for the baby, but my life has been a little bit...hectic lately. I'm seriously in survival mode like every minute of my life now. I love my little mouse and little robot-boy for hansel. You're the best ever!!! Thanks so much. Missing you -

Tanya Leigh said...

Those are some precious pictures! I'm with Stacey - I get more compliments from Coy when I feel least pretty. :)

Your curls are cute and your 'do is awesome! And those pictures are treasures.

**I met your sis-in-law, Lisa at our choir practice 2 weeks ago! Yay for friends & connections! :)