Friday, October 8, 2010

The dread pirate...

My mom's birthday was yesterday, and in honor of such a great event I made her something. She had said she would like a pirate like the one I made Ruby. So I got to work. I decided of course to get going on this project on Tues, birthday is on Thursday. Why be smart about such things? I love the pressure! Someday I will realize how super not fun the pressure is and it will motivate me into being organized.
Behold the Dread Pirate Chadwin! Or Pirate Grandpa as he is known.







I will tell you that putting hair on this guy is a horrendous task. So, since I was running late and only hours before mom's birthday dinner J had the brilliant idea to stick a mustache on him and he would be my dad. And that is the story of the dread pirate Chadwin.



He's pretty fantastic if I do say so myself. The boy loves him, but he loves his Grandpa so it makes sense. Even Tater calls him Grandpa. 10,000 awesome points for me!

I am doing this health challenge and I got to tell you, it's been very difficult for me to get 10,000 steps a day in. Much of caring for a baby involves sitting and caring for the baby. Have you tried to crochet while walking? It doesn't go well. I have been cleaning my "house" today and I still barely have any steps. I hope I don't totally bomb this thing, I would love to win, but I am loosing hope.

I also got tagged by the fabulous Jill to tell you all 7 random things, but I have some pictures I need to take this weekend, so I think I will save that joy for the next post. I am sure you are waiting on pins and needles. :)

Oh I almost forgot. This is Toby.


He is huge. He came out and played with The boy and I while Pirate Grandpa had his photo shoot.

2 comments:

Jill Ison said...

that is so cute. jason has really great ideas! tomorrow's another day for the 10,000 steps. that seems like alot

Heather said...

He's so cute! And, I'm finally adding your e-mail to my blog...not that I've updated it since Benjumina was born, but anyway...it's on my list of things to do.