
I am so glad my phone and I caught this one. It just makes me happy. It makes me miss my grandma too, but it's still happy because I imagine this was a similar scene before The boy made his debut here on Earth. I am glad he has his Aunt C to squeeze him and love him here.

Hooray family, and hooray forever.
I bought myself something.

When I was a little girl my favorite show ever was Cinderella and I couldn't wait for my happily ever after. I bought this as a reminder and a symbol to me that I am living my happily ever after right now. I am going to wear it everyday and I hope it reminds me every single day, several times a day how truly blessed and wonderful my life is, even the bumpy parts. I am sure that riding in a carriage, even a magical pink and wonderful carriage is bumpy. :) I have the best husband ever and a sweet baby boy and I guess I just want to commemorate that and remember how I am feeling right now, even when it gets to be years later and a little bumpy.
6 comments:
Love this post! Such sweet pictures. It was fun to see you this morning. My girls loved seeing "my friend Kelly and her baby Samuel" :)
As I'm listening to my baby crying while he's trying to fall asleep, I'm thinking, "Happily EVER after?" Not so much! But you're right, of course... you've got the things that really matter. Good to remind yourself.
Katie, I wish I had been able to say hi at least. It was so crazy to even get out of there today, but so great to wave at you! :)
I love that you bought a Cinderella carriage necklace to remind you that you are living your happily ever after. That is beautiful! Love the pictures of Samuel with your aunt! I hope it is like that just before a baby is born--that they have been snuggled with some of our dearly departed loved ones. My dad never had the chance to meet Aaron or Elijah on earth. He died in 2007 before they were born. I find comfort in the possibility that my dad helped care for them just before they came to our home. Funny thing is that Aaron looks A LOT almost EXACTLY like my dad did when he was little. Aaron was my first baby to be born where my dad was not there at the hospital with me. My brother that died in 1997, his little grandson born in 2003 looks EXACTLY like him when he was born as well. It is as though those children were given to my family to help comfort us and help us remember our loved ones and the joy they brought into our lives. I am so glad you have your happy ever after--I do too. We are lucky girls to have such awesome husbands and children!!
Amazing, Kel. Did you make up that bumpy ride analogy? It's perfectly perfect, and I love it. :)
Your pictures are incredible!
I did make it up! A carriage can't be that comfy, there is a reason we are not still using them. :) Thanks Tanya!
Post a Comment