Saturday, August 21, 2010

Something you really must know about Flagstaff...

It's August, and we are heading to Flagstaff. I think to myself, "Self, we really ought to bring the camera and USE it this trip." We don't usually use it. I pack it and it just sits. So I grab the camera and we head out at 4 am to cooler weather.

I wasn't thinking about the wonderfulness that is Flagstaff in August after a hefty monsoon.

There is something you need to know about Flagstaff in August after a hefty monsoon.







and



Visions of family pictures, (Since every time we try to get a picture with all three of us it somehow doesn't work.) Blog headers featuring my awesome purple chucks, and just all out and out joy began to fill my soul. I had brought the camera! I had prevailed! But wait! The camera's SD card is sitting at home in the computer where we had left it. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I had missed my opportunity again!

So I made Jason buy me a new SD card at walmart, because this blog header was not going to get away from me!

We tromped out into a field of gold, it was full of holes, and bugs, and I don't know if you know this but sunflowers have prickly little itchy things all over them. Not real fun in shorts but we trudged on. I had to have my picture! We only had a 4 gig card so we had limited space.

I think they worked out though. Next time, we will be more planned and prepared and it will be amazing and the light will be better and the boy will have had a nap and he might even smile more. He was sleepy and had had it by the end.










See he can smile. He smiles all the time, especially in the morning, just don't mess with his sleep time.


He also was really interested in all the yellow. He just kept staring at the flowers.


My other header option. I really like this one too.


J kept telling me to close my mouth, and I know I look like I am going to eat him or just like a total goober, but I like this one. He is happy, I am happy, the flowers are happy, it's just happy.

The moral of the story is, remember your camera and your sd card if you are going to Flagstaff in Aug, you just don't know what kind of floral awesomeness may tug at your soul.

7 comments:

Karen said...

I love all your awesomenness photos. The one with your mouth open is one of my favorites! Hee hee I love sunflowers. They remind me of my Dad.

Kelly said...

Oh! Speaking of your dad, our court date to finalize Sam's adoption is on November 10th. Isn't that cool? I love life's little coincidences. It makes me feel like Grandpa had a hand in this little miracle of ours.

Jill Ison said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE your new header! these are gorgeous. I am totally going to flagstaff!!! what a cute little Sam :) and Kelly :) ok and jason :)

Staceygirl said...

I actually noticed the greenness on the way to Lake Powell... it was unusually beautiful! I hate it when the SD card is missing. I once went to one of Kassidy's school performances and I proudly showed Jill that I had brought my camera... only to find out later that it had no card. Oh well. I wish it had at least a little bit of internal memory for those unfortunate occasions.

Wendy Hansen said...

Beautifulness. Sunflowers make me think of family vacations in the mountains. now I want to go find them and be happy in them! Your Sammy boy is so beautiful & chubby!

Lolo said...

OH MY! I must say that your new picture up top is soooooooo awesome, Im jealous! Plus I want some of those cool sneakers...and that Sammy! =) Love how the adoption date is on gramps Bday! Thats so sweet!

beth said...

super rad photos!!!! i always have a special place in my heart for feet:)