Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The bumbo, the boppy and the robot...

It is my considered opinion that things for babies need better names. Between the boppies and the bumbos and the binkies and the nuks, I am lost. Not only am I lost, I feel silly walking around going "where's the boppy?", not full knowing what I am looking for. Was it the boppy or the bumbo? Who knows? My spell check doesn't that's for sure.



Complete and total humiliation, and it's probably due to the fact that the word Bumbo is emblazoned across it.

Besides that though, he's doing awesome. He is sitting in his bumbo. He sleeps super awesome at night, making his mama a happy happy lady. To celebrate his sleeping victory, I made him a robot. It's pretty awesome if I do say so myself. We got loads of awesome going on over here.





I have been playing around in photoshop. I kind of just went rogue and started messing with things. Hopefully it pays off. Maybe I will learn something.



I love his face in this one, It's a face I probably ought to get used to seeing. "What we have to go?" Or just "What?" It makes me giggle.



This thing he is laying on is a boppy. Don't you feel educated?



Anyway, that's the story of a cute boy his cute robot and his very manly sea foam green bumbo, or was it boppy?

7 comments:

Staceygirl said...

They grow quickly... look at him sitting in the bumbo all big! He's super cute, and so is that robot :)

Justin Millar said...

I want to know the ways of the robot. I think I can do this one....please teach me, its for the children!!! for the Children!!!

Kelly said...

Stacey, it's crazy how fast they grow. I can't believe it.

Justin, the robot pattern is in this book. It's really good, for some reason I really understand her patterns. She also has an Etsy store and she sells her patterns there too. Or if we ever see you again I can try to remember to bring a copy of the pattern.

Lolo said...

He's such a stud!!!!!!! I ♥ bumbos, they are pretty much awesome and so is that robot!!!!!!! Maybe Sam will let me snuggle with it cause I love it.

Kevin and Kimberly said...

Welcome to Mommy Language--sometimes you need an interpreter to help you understand exactly what product someone is talking about it! It does make you feel silly using strange words. Another new word you will use a lot around the time he turns one is sippy (sippy cup). I think that is so sweet that you made him a robot because he has been sleeping all night! He is absolutely adorable and we love him to pieces!

Tanya Leigh said...

I love your robot. You make the most precious yarny creations. Teach me how!

(and where do you buy your yarn?)

Kelly said...

I usually just buy it at walmart, but I do like the vanna white yarn, she has some really pretty colors so I get that on sale at Joanns, it's 2 for $5 when it's on sale.