Friday, April 16, 2010

Stress explosion, 60's goodness and some critters...

Some of you are aware that my life has exploded in stress. It's good, but very taxing and I am ready for the end of this chapter. We are getting a baby! He could come any day now and I am soooooo very excited. Unfortunately there are a lot of stressful and bad situations surrounding the family he is coming to us from so I would ask that you keep them in your thoughts and prayers. I will probably be doing a special fast on Sunday and would ask that any who are willing join me in fasting for this family. Many of the problems they have been facing have been brought on by bad decisions but I do know this, she didn't abort her baby and she is trying to give him a good chance so that has to amount to some good right? I hope so. Hopefully he comes real soon, it would be helpful to her and to us. PRAY!

Anyway, as I spent the last couple of days zooming from Goodwill to Goodwill in search of suitcases for this family so they would have something to put their stuff in (and hopefully not be living in the streets.) I found something that brightened my day. It was DI, which also brightened my day for having the last of the suitcases I needed. Someday in a few year or so I am planning to throw my mom and 60's party for her 60th birthday which of course is far far far far off, but check it out!



I know! It's perfect, I can't wait for the party now! I am going to be so stylin'! Just need some white go go boots methinks.

Also, previous to the stress explosion I have been crocheting my little fingers off. I don't have pictures of all but thought I would share a few things I have made lately.



These pictures makes me miss my house. My pillow and my couch. I made this robot for Gunner and my friend Melissa got this dolly to keep her company while I was away. She misses me lots. Williams can be a lonely place. :(



And I made this Koala for my new baby boy, whenever he decides he is ready to get here and be mine.


I made this doll to try to sell at a craft fair, it was a no go. If anyone is interested in her make me an offer. I could use the extra cash to prepare for the baby, but if not, she is very cute and I am sure I could find her a home.



So the jist of the story is this, please pray lots for this family and for me to stay sane, and I love you all.
The end.

10 comments:

Lolo said...

This made my eyes get all teary and my skin get bumpy -"I made this Koala for my new baby boy" ...I love hearing you say this! What wonderful news! It is unfortunate that the babys birth family (is that the right way to say it?) is having a rough time, what a rollercoaster of emotions for you AND them. I hope things get better for them really soon. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers and I can't wait to see your new little guy so I can spoil him!!!!! If theres anything you need let me know I am first in line to help out as best as I can.

PS. that dress is so groovalicious!!!!!!!

Katie said...

It was so great to see you tonight and give you a hug! I continue to pray for you and the baby. I hope all goes well.
ps--I would love the doll. I have no idea how much to offer. I would also be willing to buy a few cupcakes from you as well. What do you think??

Wendy Hansen said...

I'm with LoLo, I can't wait to see you with your baby boy in your arms. I will most definitely throw comfetti!!! Your crocheting skills are completely amazing by the way. You are in my thoughts and prayers daily sweet girl. I hope that your family will be together VERY soon.

Jill Ison said...

you make the dearest little bits of wonderfulness. You need an etsy store badly! so excited to meet the little man. and I will keep my eye out for some white go-go boots. Thats dress is sp psychedelic (ok I can't spell that and that was spell checks bet guess but im not sure its the same word I was going for)

Jeremy and Cindy said...

Kelsi LOVES the doll you made her. She called it Kelly in your honor. We can hardly wait to see your new little boy. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Hansen Five said...

i can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tanya Leigh said...

Oh, Kelly! That is perfectly THRILLING news!! We'll keep praying for you, your new baby boy!, and his sweet birth family. I know it will all work out.

Your yarny creations are simply perfect & precious.

Love & Prayers :)

Unknown said...

Where are you living now? I know I'm a bad friend.

Staceygirl said...

So when's the baby shower?!? I know it's overwhelming expecting a baby, and I've had 8 months to prepare! I was having lots of contractions last night, and I got all nervous even though I was excited before. I mean, a new little guy for keeps... and is everything ready? and will everything go okay? etc, etc... baby number 3, but it's still a little nerve wracking. I WILL pray for you. We had a great lesson on prayer on Sunday, and I realized I need to work on praying more for what I really care about. Tonight it will be YOU.

Jill Ison said...

time for a baby post!!! Kell, I have you and your baby posted over on my blog... there is a few photos you havent seen yet, I know you're out of town and I hope you're having fun but check it out when you get back!