Tuesday, December 17, 2013

When you are having one of those days...

My son is a raging ball of fury. Why? Because I saw him doing a pee pee polka and asked him to use the toilet.
"No!" he says.
Wearily, I say, "Please just go use the potty. Just do one thing that I have asked you today without a fight."
Nothing.
"Honey, you will wet your pants just go please?"
Nothing.
Nothing.
*sigh*
Nothing.
"OK, I guess it's time for bed."
Screams and please no and weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth...
J is standing outside of his room so he won't come out.

It's not been a stellar mommy day.

Ever have those days where everything is a fight? I mean, I was trying to wrap presents today and I was getting nowhere. Paper ripping and tape getting lost. I almost forgot to put flour in the cookies I still haven't baked, to say nothing of the surly 3 year old and his grumpy siblings.

So, I thought I would post these pictures of the little darlings. Because they are so little and oh so darling and I love them with all of my heart and soul even when they are surly. I hope they love me even when I am surly because I am afraid I was at times today.

We will do better tomorrow. I can set a better tone and tomorrow will be better, and if not tomorrow the next day, because bad days can only last so long.




2 comments:

Rachel said...

These are beautiful, Kelly.You are a great mom.

Lolo said...

I totally have those days!!!! Now that I have a 2 month old needing me all the time my kids have learned to ask for things when Im super busy (Mia somehow got a dollar from me yesterday), they are up on the counter getting food whenever they want, they were out front for a while without my knowing, my house is a disaster, Im beat down and they know it!!!! I have 3 little divas so the drama~ OH MAN DONT GET ME STARTED ON THE DRAMA! Sigh. Good times.