Monday, November 26, 2012

How can a year go by so quickly?

Wow, there is a lot to catch up on. 

Thanksgiving was wonderful. We spent it with the fam up on the mountain. The weather was lovely. The kids were crazy. The food was delicious.

Toddler.


It became sort of my mission to get a good pic of this one.

The three yahoos. 

That's a "microphone" and he is singing his little heart out. 

The fudgesicle. 
It's sort of become an institution around here. 

As has this guy's messy mug. He's so...messy. :)

Digging in the dirt.
I told him I wanted a good picture, He did the rest. Strike a pose!



Enjoying the weather and the weeds.

We had a great time. We sort of celebrated the babies' birthday. Well, I did everyone else was kind of caught by surprise. I made a cake with homemade strawberry icing. It was tasty. Moon pie enjoyed it. Doodle wouldn't eat it. She doesn't eat anything. She thinks icing is disgusting based on the face I got when I managed to get some in her mouth. 

It's hard to believe that it's been a year since that day our lives were flipped around. It's hard to imagine that we were there in the hospital for four months. That's a third of this year, and it's already over. It's amazing that our babies are so healthy and doing so well. Doodle bug even ate pears tonight. You don't even realize what a big deal that is for us. It's huge! I can't help but have a full heart tonight as I think of the people who's prayers and help were there with us through it all. I think of all the nurses and doctors working so hard to keep our babies growing healthy and strong. The wonderful volunteers at the Ronald McDonald house and the staff that made us feel at home as best as they could. They were amazing. I think of how scared I was when my water broke and I realized there was no other option but to have these babies three months early and without Jason with me. I remember my sister speeding down the highway, and getting pulled over, and the obscenities that came out of her mouth. I remember she was with me the whole time. I see their tiny bodies in the medical transport, a glare from the light blocking my view, still not fully realizing what was happening as I was coming out of the anesthesia. I remember the sound of the helicopter as it faded in the distance with my babies in it, without me. Three excruciating days of waiting to be discharged so I could go see them, praying the whole time they would at least make it long enough for me to see them. Days and day of sitting by my tiny babies, wishing there were more I could do for them. 
 It feels like a dream now. It's hard to believe it all happened the way it happened.
It all comes flooding back. 
We are truly blessed and have seen miracles.
We can never repay
Blessed. So very blessed. 
Happy Birthday Doodlebugs. I love you.

Added bonus Doodle face for the win!



4 comments:

Melissa said...

Kelly you are very blessed and I am blessed to have you in my life too. I wish I could express how much you mean to me, friend. I miss you lots and lots. You are wonderful girl and you have wonderful kiddos!

Jen said...

Happy Birthday Ethan & Gracie!!! I have a feeling you are both going to make a big mark on the world!

Lolo said...

Oh my goodness! They are a year already!!! Geez louise!! All those babies and crazy kiddos are so very adorable.

Staceygirl said...

I thought of you the other day and then realized I hadn't checked for new posts in a while. Luckily I only missed one! Apparently, my blog will forever list your latest post as Dr. Doom. I like your photos. I like the feeling I get when I read your post... it's like a package of happiness wrapped up and given to me. Thank you! I love your family... each one and all of them.