Monday, March 12, 2012

Setbacks and blessings...

This last weekend we went to see miss Doodle and found that she had gone up on her O2. Yesterday we went back to find she was still up on her O2. She also threw up all down my cleavage. A flood of stinky warm frustration swept over me. We had just had a big fast, we were trying to do everything we could, why wasn't she improving? The tears were right below the surface all day. If anyone had hugged me or been overly kind, I was going to blow. This was also compounded with the fact that I knew our sweet little boy was going to be leaving us for a week or two to visit grandparents and get a break from being trapped in a small hotel room. Plans changed and the boy went with J's parents. I cried like a baby. Who was going to play the guitar and sing for me? Who was going to rock the Air conditioner?



It was really hard to let him go. We went back to the hospital and snuggled Doodle. As I sat there looking at the 500 written across her O2 thingy, I thought maybe I need to look on the bright side. I would hate to get her home only to have more complications and problems. Hopefully, she will be so ready to come home when she comes home it won't even be funny and we will be able to move forward. We have been so blessed and it is what it is. We will do what we have to do.

Last night we had a special engagement return of Fartty McStinkerson and the up all night band.

I am hoping it's not an all week gig. This morning I woke up a little happy not to be awoken at 7 am by the Disney channel blaring that annoying wake up wake up song. I will admit I was feeling a little tired and sorry for myself. I miss the boy. And then something amazing happened.

A wonderfully sweet girl nominated me for a contest in the Safford area. I could win a makeover, $200 at a super cute store downtown and a photography session for our little family. I was overwhelmed. I did start to cry, but what is new? I felt so loved, that Rachel had thought of me. What a blessing. So even if I don't win, how wonderful to feel so loved. I gotta say though, it would be pretty amazing to win. So if you want to help me win go vote for me here!
Super fun right? I am really excited to be a part of it.

I want to thank everyone for their fasting and prayers. I really did feel the love and support and even though Doodle hasn't had a miraculous recovery, we have to have faith that what is best is happening and all will be well in due time. Thank you guys. I love you all so much.

3 comments:

Lolo said...

I think i figured out how to vote for you..I hope. Well your little lady looks good, I hope she can join u guys at home soon. Sam is hilarious!!!! I wish i could give you hugs and ur babies kisses.

Staceygirl said...

Oh Kell, you know we are all watching your family with amazement. You have gone through so much, and yet you are still there and holding on. God works in mysterious ways, and you know you don't always see the ways he's got Gracie and your family in the hollow of His hand... but I know He does. I'm a sympathetic crier, so now I need to fix my makeup :) You can do hard things... keep your chin up, girl!

Jill Ison said...

luv ya Kell. want to see those babies. be well. u r loved.