Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Bumps in the road...

Hi there,

Some have been asking to see my bump. *Fan fare* The time has come!

I call this one, "Trying to look cute, while feeling like crap and it's hot and I want to die." This was supposed to be my every week outfit that we were to watch in wonder as I ever expand. Ha! I am 11 weeks here.

This one I simply call. "My bump in the road" I know, I am so clever! 16 weeks here.

So, between the lack of energy and motivation. The hip that will not stay in place and the evil charlie horses of doom. The side sleeping and wrestling a memory foam body pillow in an alligator like death spiral every night. (It's green and fuzzy, and heavy as all get out.) The headaches and general blahs. The terror of bleeding and worrying about all that can go wrong. Being pregnant is awesome. :) No really, it is. Anything worth doing is going to he hard right? I am starting to feel better. I am grateful I wasn't sick. I know women who are sick the entire pregnancy. You guys are saints, because seriously the 24 hour flu has taught me the limits of my wimpdom and I don't think I could deal with days or weeks or months of sick. You are troopers. I am grateful for this experience, I am grateful for the wonderful blessing it is to be entrusted with two more sweet little spirits and I hope that with God on my side, I am up to the task at hand.

In other news, remember that time that the boy went to visit his aunt and uncle and cousins so mom and daddy could have a date?

Remember how we came to pick him up and he was sitting in a planter of water and mud, happy as a clam?

Remember how mom forgot his bag of wet clothes and just now got around to putting them in the wash?


Remember how the pants sprouted...something? O_o


It appears to be a watermelon sprout. I am awesome.


And just because I can, and he is awesome.

12 comments:

Katie said...

Love, love these pictures! You are so cute with your "bump". And how cute is that picture of Sam?! So adorable!

Karen said...

Fabulous! Thanks for sharing pictures of you bump. A blessing bump! Yay! I love it and you look oh so cute!

The seed sprouting really is hilarious!

Lolo said...

Are serious about that sprout?!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! That is crazy awesome! Cute baby bumps Kells! I cant wait to hear what their gender/s is/are!!!!!

Lolo said...

K, I meant bump. I guess I got the whole twins plural thing going on with you, sorry, it'll probably happen again in the near future.

Alicia W said...

Wow! I put off laundry, but I've never put it off for so long that is sprouted! Nice work! Maybe this is a gardening secret I need to look in to. And you look great. Good luck! I have no idea how people are pregnant AND have a kid. Seems way too hard.

Wendy Hansen said...

Your bump is adorable and it makes me smile. And not everyone can say they grew a watermelon in their pocket, now the boy can.

Rachel said...

Coming from a at home cheese maker, I know how hard it is to make something sprout anything. Good news is, you can plant the watermelon and reap the rewards. You look beautiful....as I knew you would. Your baby is Adorable, as YOU knew he was. And I can't wait to see you tomorrow. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo and your aunt caroline, because she rocks.

Hansen Five said...

you are way too cute!

Jill Ison said...

that belly is a thing of great beauty kelly bell. so glad you posted pics since i havent seen you in so long. shall we do some maternity pics?

Staceygirl said...

that is such a boy thing to have a sprout growing out of your shorts - so funny! I love the bump, Kell... I am jealous about you not being sick, BUT the shots and the ER visit sound pretty crummy, too!! The things we women do for our little ones...

Tecia said...

Being pregnant really is a different feeling. All I get is stink from my forgotten about clothes, you're lucky! You are adorable!

Tanya Leigh said...

KELLY! Thank you for making me laugh. It was almost like sitting next to you back in night shift. Hilarious. I love your down-to-earth, true-to-life, fun honesty. You are looking fabulous! TWINS!

And I wish the damp clothes I forgot about would be as productive as YOURS! :)