Apparently they are illegal in AZ because they are worried people would get them and they would get loose and kill the natural balance. How can something that cute be illegal?
Arizona
The restrictions in AZ are rather bizarre. African Pygmy hedgehogs are 'officially' legal, but Arizona Game & Fish Department will only allow keepers to have hedgehogs if you can first meet certain housing and other requirements. The requirements that they stipulate are virtually impossible for even large, accredited zoos to meet. As a result, there is little chance that the average person will be allowed to keep a hedgehog within the state
Lame. I want one and I want to name it Louis.
They can be litter trained and they don't smell. Perfect.
5 comments:
So the croquet balls on Alice in Wonderland are based on actual creatures? Wow! Shows how much I know - they're like Popples! Remember Popples?
So where are they legal? Can we take a road trip????? I think petchi needs a sibling!
oh my cuteness! I want one now too!
That is the cutest little thing I ever done seen! ;)
Where did YOU see it??!
And yes, Popples was my first thought. :)
I wonder if they're legal in WI...
Tanya, they are illegal in Maine, AZ, Hawaii, PA, and CA I think. It seems most places they are OK.
I found them online and thought I might breed them to get out of my horrible job and make extra money, but no such luck.
Are you moving to MI?
Post a Comment