November was a crazy fantastic month for us. On the 10th the court declared us the official parents of the fabulous boy. That was amazing, but the next day on the 11th we took him to the Gila Valley Temple to be sealed to us, and that was the wonderful icing on a delicious cake that has taken a very long time to bake. It was really wonderful, it is always so wonderful to be in the temple with family. It's nice when you go as you should, but something about having a group of family with you just really drives it all home, and reminds you that you are lucky enough to be with these very people forever. The spirit was very strong and I bawled through the whole thing (You are shocked, I can tell.) We had joked before going, that the boy might be a little upset that he was sealed to us, it's not like he has any say, but the sealer told us that he was very aware of what was happening and the importance of it. He was so cute in his little white suit. I tried to time everything with grumpiness and food, but it still did not go according to plan. While we were in there with all of our family and friends waiting for the sealing to start, The boy decided he was hungry. Mind you, he had eaten only an hour before. Jason was up trying to hush him and rock him and make him happy with everyone watching. I had to run back to the brides room, Yeah, I got to get dressed in the brides room, and get another bottle. I didn't see it in all of the commotion but apparently the joy on the boy's face was evident as he saw that bottle. He's so funny.
I really do feel so incredibly blessed. I don't even know how all of this happened, but I do know that our Heavenly Father loves us and he is a God of miracles. Everything about this sweet little boy is a wonderful miracle and I feel so blessed to have been entrusted to be his mother. I hope I do OK. How amazing is it, that we get to be together forever? I will answer, super fantastically amazing!
I am going to use the pictures my super awesome cousin Jill took after the sealing. Thanks so much Jill for getting these.


The boy looks a little concerned about getting squished but, I am sure on the inside he is full of joy. :)
In other news, we are moving in with Grandma. I am excited and scared. I do not like starting over with new friends. I like the friends I have, I had a good thing going here. I had the Q to call up and go do with, and R stopping by and hanging out with me. I had the Shan helping me sew, life was good. It will be nice to have more space, and to have a fridge all of our own, and to have the time with family. I think mostly I am scared about making friends. I am awkward. Have you ever noticed the word awkward is awkward? It is. I am just not super good at small talk, I like to delve, I like to know what makes people tick and probably most people need more time, also, I am now on Depo. I get to have simulated menopause. (Did I mention I am not good at small talk? Over share much?) For the in-vitro process I get to go on this medication and I am only slightly worried it will make me a wacka-do. I have also had some not so neat experiences with moving into a new place when we first got married, and I know I just need to let it go, but I really would rather not have a repeat performance of that. It will all be OK, once we get there. Isn't moving the worst? It seriously makes me crazy.
We have been traveling a lot too. That has also made me a crazy person. In fact, we are leaving at 4 in the am to go to Flagstaff for the week. First of all burr and secondly, we just got home from Benson yesterday. Is it any wonder I am a crazy person who cannot seem to sleep anymore? Really? I am excited though, Jason is graduating from NAU and it's his birthday and I get to see J and I get to see M. Woooohooo! It should be fun. Hopefully I sleep and hopefully Sam is happy and good as ever, and hopefully we can come get some of my sorely missed stuff and hopefully we can get this moving thing underway. Living in the netherland of moving and moved is super special.
So, I am alive. You are a trooper if you have gotten through this, and if you live here and I am going there, I will miss you lots.
Love,
Me
9 comments:
Kells, you're the best. Reading your post tonight meant so much to me -- to remember what life is about and what is really important. I love that you have Samuel and I hope more than anything that your move will go smoothly and you will settle in. I'm sure you will meet this new chapter in your life with your great sense of humor and optimism that is so characteristic of you.
Thanks so much for the drive by post the other day. Life has been insane for us...just the holidays and three kids. Love you, too. What address should I mail your card? Yay for Jason graduating! Congrats to him! Samuel is so cute in his little white suit -- I bet that day was so very special.
Sam is a very lucky little boy and we are so blessed to have him in our lives! The expression on his face was priceless when you brought him the bottle. Let's face it--the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. That day was all about Mr. Sam and he made sure we all knew that. It was so joyful to watch his expressions! He is such a sweetheart. It was delightful to watch you and Jason be sealed to him. I understand your worries about moving. Moving stinks and moving while you are on hormones makes it worse!! When Kevin and I moved to Pomerene, I had some of those same concerns you shared. I was 5 months pregnant with Matthew, Jacob was one year old and Andrew was 4. Kevin had just graduated from college. He had no job. We moved because we were living next to drug dealers in Mesa and Kevin was going to be laid off. We did not want the kids to go to school in the area we lived in so we figured it was time for a change. Kevin wanted to move to Pomerene very much so I decided to follow his strong impressions, not knowing why at the time. Kevin knew most the people in town. I knew no one, maybe a few people in the family that I saw a few times a year, but that was it. Everyone seemed to know who I was but I did not know them. It was frustrating. We moved in Kevin's parents basement. I was fearful of everyone seeing how terrible of a mother I was and seeing my every move, especially my in-laws. Maybe they would think their son made a horrible choice in a wife. Mostly scared of my own short comings. It turned out that everything worked out wonderfully. I cherish the memories of living with mom and dad. We got to know them so well and feel close to them. I had help. Kevin found a job that he has been with for 7 years. The school and community here has been awesome for the kids. It was the best decision we made for our family by far. I know a large part of Kevin's family now and feel comfortable around them. We were able to save $ for a home, pay off medical bills, etc..I was scared to death at the time. My hormones probably got the best of me. Everything turned out beautiful and I know it will for you as well. Blind faith is hard. As for making friends, everyone will love you. You are lovable and so fun! Many people in the area know and love Jason so they will love you and accept you with open arms. Because there is a lot of family in the Thatcher area, you will have automatic friends!Hang out with Cindy and Carol! It will take a long time to figure out who you are related to. Don't be afraid to share your life experiences as they make us who we are! It will all work out for the best and you will LOVE living with Grandma. We have cherished memories of living with her. She is the nicest person I have ever met! All of us have lived with Grandma for several reasons--some of the top being cheap rent and enjoyable company! Grandma will love being able to see you more and so will we. Kevin goes to Thatcher at least twice a month. Happy Moving! I am so glad I am not moving again. Happy Birthday to Jason on the 16th! Congrats on graduating--we are so proud of you both!
Kelly dear, I read the whole thing and I can relate to your feelings on moving, for sure. You are such an amazing, fun, talented girl, I am sure you will make lots of great friends really fast! You're awesome! They are lucky to be getting you! If they only knew what they have to look forward to.
I feel blessed to have been there when Sam was sealed to you! What a wonderful day. The pictures are wonderful. Sam is a very blessed little boy!
Oh wow thats the longest comment I've ever seen 2 up. =)
Kell, I just wanted to say...I'm also awkward...and yes, awkward is an awkward word.
i just wanted to let you know before we moved to Thatcher I didn't really talk to my sisters much, than we moved in with grandma and are relationship went from being sisters to best friends. I know that will be the same for you. Carol goes exercising during the week I would go with her that was fun, and you will always have a baby sitter next door or grandma. you will make friends quickly you are awesome!! Grandma keeps calling me and telling me that it is too quite in the house. She is really looking forward to you guys moving in. good luck love ya
Hang in there, Kelly. I feel sad that you are already worrying that it will be bad before you even start, but I totally understand. I really hate change, sometimes even when it's good... like having a new baby. Luckily, we adapt, and you will adapt, and luckily we have cars with a/c and heaters so we can hurry and visit each other when we want. Because having to ride a horse or in a wagon would be a pain.
I didn't mean bad... I just mean that it would be hard at first... which is kinda bad, but not the worst thing ever.
you're awesome! still lovin the fingerless glovin :) you are a beautiful little family of cheery sunshine!
Thanks guys. I think moving makes you a basket case and unable to deal with life in general. It's just one of those things. We will get through it. I love you guys!
Post a Comment