Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Happy times, the bff, and low carb is hard to do...

Not much to report. The boy is eating veggies.




He hates carrots, but likes squash. Green beans are up next. It's a slow process.


Today he found his new bff.




And this is him laughing at the store. That's where he laughs most.



I know I am boring, but this guy is pretty much my life, and I am totally OK with that.

I am trying to go low carb. It's not fun. I love sugar. I need some good low carb ideas.

But I heart bread and bread hearts me. It told me so, I have proof.


It's hard to give up on love.

7 comments:

Jill Ison said...

oh my gosh those giggling dimples are magnificent! you are one lucky girl :) love you!!!!!!!

bacon.

Kelly said...

love you too, we need to do fun things.

Staceygirl said...

You can't give up sugar completely, can you? And bread? There's a reason Jesus was referred to as the bread of life... we need bread for life! Plus, word of wisdom says so... well, sort of. Maybe just a few bites instead of a whole platter would be good :) I say this after indulging in a giant cookie with ice cream to celebrate our 9th anniversary. Carbs and fat taste good :) Good luck!!!! Baby Sam is already on his second veggie? Wow. Don't let baby Brandon know because he is still exclusively breast milk, and he might get jealous. I waited until 6 months with all my kids because I'm a jealous mom, and I like knowing they depend on me for all their sustenance for as long as possible. Weird, huh? Maybe I'm just in denial about how big he's getting *sniff, sniff*

Lolo said...

O my goodness, he is such a happy boy!!!!!!!and chunky too! So cute! Mia still wont eat veggies, she is a stinker, walmart sells applesauce with different veggies mixed in them so neener neener to her! Good luck on your low carb diet, I will soon be on a gluten free diet, I'm a little scared that I might turn into a monster.

Karen said...

Kelly, I think one of the keys to success of a lower carb diet is to eat a little something every 2-3 hours to keep your blood sugar level. Don't feel deprived or you will go crazy when you do have the carbs. This is coming from a carb lover too! lol

Wendy Hansen said...

Not boring at all Kelly. Your boy is adorable, the giggles are great, and the bff picture is precious! Babies are so delicious!!! I am jealous.

Kelly said...

My Dr is weird Stacey, he didn't have him start on cereal or anything like that. He just said do veggies, any kind I don't have to wait or take any specific time. He basically said they will have their whole lives not to like them, try to get him to like them now. We are still working on not spitting them all over the place, it's been an adventure.
I am guessing bread in Jesus' time was a bit more healthy than it is now. I am trying to do better with whole grain and stuff, the sugar and white breads, that's the stuff it's hard to get away from.

Lori a gluten free diet sound horrid. Good luck on that. My friend tried to get me to do that with her, no please. That might be interesting to see what kinds of recipes you come up with.

Aunt Karen, totally know what you mean. It's just hard to get food on a regular basis with a baby. I need to do better on that and I will probably not feel like I am starving constantly.

Thanks Wendy!