Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I feel crafty, oh so crafty...

In lieu of a weekend of tears, (ie, crying yourself to sleep only to wake up early the next morning and start crying.) I have taken the counsel I have received to find things to create and make and enjoy and keep my mind off of other things that are bothering me greatly.
I have made several hats. One of which has actually turned out but looks like a beanie on my head. I am still not convinced it is not to small for my large head, but I did make it and it does "look" right. I have made one wrist warmer, the other one came out looking like it was made for a bear claw, so maybe someday I will get back on that and actually have a set.
Today, however, I present to you 1 in a series of 2. Mr. Cactus. The cuddliest cactus you will ever know....


Behold!





Fun times hu? This cactus is a gift but I am not saying to whom in case she reads my blog, which I have no evidence for, but will withhold none-the-less. Mrs. Cactus will be joining us shortly.
Once I start her.
I started good ol' Mr. Cactus yesterday after work. I have grossly underestimated the amount of brown yarn needed, so Mrs. Cactus might be awhile.
I am sure you care about all of this.

Anyway, someone else tried to break into our house. I feel like I should live in freaking New York City or something. Honestly, what's the deal? I am really not a fan of this feeling. Lame.

But the cactus isn't lame, and that is what I will choose to focus on.

*chants* Caaaaaaaaacccccctuuuuuuusssssss!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww, I love Mr. Cactus. Tell Mrs. Cactus, when she comes along, that she's got some competition! Mmm Mm! Love me some hunky cactus man! Hope your craftiness continues and your house stays safe. Love ya!!

Katie said...

So cute! Can't wait to see the Mrs. :) Love you Kel!

Jill Ison said...

that is adorable. made me smile and also made me want to pick up that knitting book i bought 3 months ago.

Staceygirl said...

That is very cute. We went on a desert hike last weekend, and Kallie was quite terrified of the cacti... I think she'd like that one, though :)

Heather said...

So cute!I keep thinking I want to start crafting something of this nature (not necessarily a family of cacti) but something small and handmade and cute. Way to go! Is he crocheted? And, sorry to hear about the robbery attempt. Did Jason's talking home camera scare them away? Or, you standing there with a shot gun? Or, perhaps the cactus?

Lolo said...

HAHA! Kell your so cute and funny. Love Mr cactus.

Tanya Leigh said...

Oh, he is cute! - That cracks me up because I have TOTALLY been on a crochet-kick this past week: beanies, flowers, ... more flowers...

I also bought a pattern for a really adorable crocheted shrug. Wanna see it? ... You should do it too!