So, last Thursday I remember being very surprised that someone thought it would be a good idea to start a controled burn the very week that the fall winds had started. By Friday we had ourselves an out of control wild fire! Fun times! I wish I had taken pictures on Friday. The mountains West of my house were glowing an eerie glow. It was really kind of scary. Sat and Sunday I didn't notice as much smoke, I didn't see any glow so I thought all was well. I was wrong. Sunday night the fire was only 10% contained. Today Hubs and I went and took pictures of the helicopters filling up with water to dump on our fire. I wonder how many fish are charred out in the woods now...
These Helicopters basically ran all day. I missed the one with the bucket on the end. I wanted to get some pictures of it. I heard it said that they pick up 2000 gallons of water per trip! Hooray to no drinking water, thanks guys! You rock! I say no to controlled burns when the fall winds flare up, bad idea. Really bad idea.





Dude from the news, which news, I do not know, but he was getting video taped and had a mic on him so he could actually be heard.

And some pretty flowers, because the blogging world always needs more flowers.
I have a video of the helicopter tanking up, That may come tomorrow.
3 comments:
wow you got some really cool photos! glad you're ok. That does seem like a weird time to start a fire!?!?!?!
loved the rainbow heli pic :) oh and the plane flying low over that lake!!
cool phots. i love how added the picture of the flower!
Glad to hear that you are safe and all is well up there now. Great pictures!
Post a Comment